Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Reading Update and I Reached My Goal!

Back in January, I set a reading goal of 50 books. Today I am posting my 50th read! So nice to have accomplished at least ONE goal this year.

Here’s what I read since my last update:

Book #50

Dates read:
December 9-15
Title: A Warm Heart in Winter
Year of publication: 2020
Author: J.R. Ward
Genre: Paranormal romance
Series: Black Dagger Brotherhood #18.5
# of Pages: 479
Paper or plastic: Mass market paperback
How obtained: Purchased
Blurb from book: Blay and Qhuinn always intended to do a proper mating ceremony, but life has a way of getting in the way. With a pair of young, responsibilities to the King, and a grueling fighting schedule, the two are exhausted and overwhelmed. Plus, Lassiter has declared himself head of the Party Planning Committee in the household.
    When a nor-easter landlocks Caldwell in a fierce blizzard, things in the mansion go from lighthearted to deadly dangerous. Battling nature and responding to the emergency, Blay and Qhuinn go out into the storm—and a tragedy occurs that changes everything. In the aftermath the future is unclear for them, for everyone.
    A startling discovery offers a way forward, however, if only Qhuinn will allow his heart to be warmed and his mate’s love to light the darkness the consumes him… but will it be enough?
My thoughts: I think I teared up at least three times during this read. It was soooooo good!

I do have a writing goal this month: edit/revise 100 pages of Ghostly Protector. I’m a little short of that goal right now, but I have hope that I will get my act together and reach it. That’s because I finally fixed the beginning, which was my biggest stumbling block. I also hate not reaching a goal, so there’s that motivation, too.

So… Have you completed any goals this year? Are you close to completing? Did you set any? I guess I should have asked that first!

Happy Reading!

Stacy

No comments: