Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Reading Update and Happy New Year!

Is there anyone that ISN’T looking forward to 2020 ending? 2021 won’t be beginning any better, but at least I have hope things will improve immensely. Hope that I’ll be able to get the vaccine soon. Like, February soon. I can live with that.

This is the last of the books read in 2020. 51 books! And I didn’t have to push myself, either. I think I’ll make the same goal for 2021. Why add stress to something that is being done in fun. Right?

Here’s what I read since my last update:

Book #51

Dates read:
December 17-25
Title: Cold as Ice
Year of publication: 2020
Author: Allison Brennan
Genre: Suspense
Series: Lucy Kincaid #17
# of Pages: 464
Paper or plastic: Mass market paperback
How obtained: Purchased
Blurb from book: Two years ago, FBI Agent Lucy Kincaid put psychopath Elise Hunt in juvenile detention for her role in an organized crime syndicate. Now eighteen, Elise has been released with a clean slate, and plans to take her revenge by making Lucy’s life hell. The plot begins with Lucy’s husband Sean Rogan, who has been arrested for a murder he most certainly did not commit.
    Lucy is determined to prove Sean’s innocence, but is warned off the case by her boss. As she calls in reinforcements, she learns that Sean’s brother Kane is missing in Mexico, her partner Nate Dunning has been arrested for possession of cocaine, and her friend Brad Donnelly has been kidnapped outside DEA headquarters. Lucy realizes that Elise doesn’t have the resources or patience to execute such a devious plan. Did Elise’s father orchestrate everything from prison? Or is there someone even more calculating seeking revenge on Lucy by hurting the people she loves?
    One thing is certain: if Lucy doesn’t find the answer fast, Sean will die.
My thoughts: What a good story! I love this series. The characters. The family. This is the kind of book I could just sit and read all day, except I don’t have all day and I’m not sure my eyes can handle that anymore.

I still haven’t accomplished my monthly writing goal of revising 100 pages, but I’m close. I can still reach it. The only yearly goals I made were finishing the first draft of Ghostly Protector (which I did) and reading 50 books (which I also did). Why I didn’t set a goal of actually FINISHING Ghostly Protector I don’t know. It’s like I knew this year was going to be crap, huh? I can only hope 2021 will be better. I’ve got my writing mojo back, so that’s a good sign!

Did you set any goals for 2020? How’d that go?  

Happy New Year and Happy Reading!

Stacy

No comments: