Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Reading Update, LLS2021, and Surgery News


Do you miss attending book conventions? Are you ready to go to one again? Well, one is still open for registrations, and it’s not virtual! Literary Love Savannah 2021: Summerween is being held August 4-8, 2021 at the Savannah Marriott (right there on the river!). The convention is $200 (plus fees) and includes 5 meals, as well as parties, panels, and book signings. Rooms cost $167/night (get a friend to go with you and you can share a room). It’s quite a deal and tons of fun, that’s if you like to talk to readers and authors about books! Gotta hurry, though. Registration closes on the 25th (and you’ll need to book the room, too, but won’t have to pay that until you arrive). Here’s the link: LiteraryLove Savannah 2021: Summerween Tickets, Wed, Aug 4, 2021 at 7:00 PM |Eventbrite

Here’s what I read since my last update:

Book #28

Dates read: May 10-16, 2021
Title: Lover Unveiled
Year of publication: 2021
Author: J.R. Ward
Genre: Paranormal romance
Series: Black Dagger Brotherhood #19
# of Pages: 495
Paper or plastic: Hardback
How obtained: Borrowed from daughter who purchased new
Blurb from book: Sahvage has been living under the radar for centuries—and he has every intention of staying “dead and buried” But when a civilian female sucks him into her dangerous battle with an evil as ancient as time, his protective side overrides his common sense.
    Mae has lost everything, and desperation sets her on a collision course with fate. Determined to reverse a tragedy, she goes where mortals should fear to tread—and comes face-to-face with the Brotherhood’s new enemy. She also discovers a love she never expected to find with Sahvage, but there can be no future for them.
    Knowing they will part, the two band together to fight against what Mae unknowingly unleashed—as the Brotherhood closes in to reclaim one of their damned, and evil vows to destroy them all….
My thoughts: Another series I absolutely love. It’s like fuel for my muse. And it worked. I’m back at my own book. Yay!

I realized the other day that I failed to tell you the results of my last doctor appointment. Well… I’m having surgery on the 26th to remove the tumor from my kidney. It’s situated in a way that the doctor believes she can remove it and save the kidney! I was happy to hear this news. I won’t know what kind of cancer it is until after surgery though. If it’s kidney cancer, I may be done (although I still have some other spots that need to be monitored) and can start planning the heart surgery (again). If it’s from my breast cancer (meaning it traveled to another organ), then I’ll probably need chemo. Let’s hope for the first, okay?

Happy Reading!

Stacy

3 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Definitely hope for the first although be even better if they pull it out and it's benign.

Maria Zannini said...

Ditto what Alex said. Keep us updated.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Alex - Yeah, benign would be GREAT! But I ain't holding my breath.

Maria - I'll do my best to keep you all updated!