Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Reading Update and Do You Subscribe to My Blog?

Way back after my first book became published, I added a little widget on the sidebar of this blog for you to enter your e-mail address to follow my blog. It appears that service will end in July.

I never knew I had access to subscribers e-mails addresses before, but it seems I do! And it tells me I have 8 subscribers . Wow! Thanks for signing up. I just wish I knew how to use those e-mails so you can keep getting my blog into your inbox, because it doesn’t appear that Blogger has a replacement. Figures.

I send out my author newsletter via Mail Chimp, but since I use the freebie service, I can’t even set up a second e-mail list. Yes, I could opt to get a paid version (that most likely can send out an e-mail when I update the blog), but my sales (and lack of subscribers) don’t warrant that kind of expense. Not yet, anyway. And I’m not even sure it’s possible. If anyone knows better, please inform me!

Here’s what I read since my last update:

Book #26

Dates read: April 28 – May 4, 2021
Title: Fall of Night
Year of publication: 2021
Author: Lara Adrian
Genre: Paranormal romance
Series: Midnight Breed #17
# of Pages: 238
Paper or plastic: Trade paperback
How obtained: Purchased new
Blurb from book: Breed warrior Micah is one of the Order’s best, his reputation for cold justice and lethal skill rivaled only by that of his formidable father, Tegan. So, when a mission Micah’s leading in an off-limits area called the Deadlands goes terribly wrong, leaving him the sole survivor of an apparent Atlantean attack, he won’t rest until he has answers…and vengeance for his fallen team.
    Phaedra thought it was only a dream, a hideous nightmare. Yet somehow, she had been transported from her life in Rome to a stretch of barren forest when it suddenly lit up with unearthly fire, obliterating everything in its path—including the fiercely handsome Breed warrior she’d encountered in the dream. Or so she believed, until their paths cross again and Phaedra finds herself, and her Atlantean people, at the center of Micah’s wrath.
    With tensions between the Breed and the Atlanteans already edging toward war, and another powerful nemesis growing bolder by the day, uncovering the stunning truth about what happened in the Deadlands will force Micah and Phaedra to work together in an alliance forged by fate and an undeniable desire neither of them can resist.
My thoughts: So… this is the second to last book in the series. I love this series, and I liked this story, but I had some issues between the end of Chapter 21 and the beginning of Chapter 22. Seemed a lot was missing—stuff I would have liked to read about. I just felt a little disappointed/cheated since the missing stuff involved the romantic couple in this book, especially that late in the story. I’ll have to wait until this Fall to see how the series ends, though.

So… I had my CT scan on Monday and I see the urologist on Thursday. Guess I’ll find out what’s what then, regarding that tumor on my kidney. Hoping for good news, but preparing for the worst.

Happy Reading!

Stacy

4 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Hope it's good news.
I follow via Feedly. Where do you check for email subscribers?

Stacy McKitrick said...

Alex - The subscription link on my blog is through Feedburner. This is how you go about finding out who subscribed to your blog (if you use the same service):

Log in to www.feedburner.com / or / https://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/myfeeds
Click the name of the blog in the list at the bottom.
Click See more about subscribers.
Click Feedburner Email Subscriptions.
Click Manage your email subscription list.
Then you can click Export:CSV.

Jemi Fraser said...

Sending positive vibes your way! Hope good news in on your way.
I've decided not to worry about the feed burner thing - just don't want to take on anything else right now!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jemi - Thanks!