Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Reading Update and Some GOOD News

On Friday, I got a biopsy on the nodules on my thyroid. On Tuesday, the doctor called with the results (I was expecting them in 1-2 weeks, so him calling early kind of made me nervous). BENIGN! Best news ever. And one less thing I have to worry about.

Here’s what I read since my last update:

Book #37

Dates read: June 30-July 6, 2021
Title: Haunted
Year of publication: 2003
Author: Heather Graham
Genre: Paranormal romantic suspense
Series: Harrison Investigations #1
# of Pages: 370
Paper or plastic: Mass market paperback
How obtained: Purchased.
Blurb from book: Matt Stone doesn’t believe in ghosts. But there are those who are convinced his home, a historic Virginia estate that dates back to the Revolutionary War, is haunted. Pressured to get at the truth about some strange happenings at Melody House, he agrees to let Harrison Investigations explore the house. But he isn’t ready for beautiful, intriguing Darcy Tremayne.
    As a paranormal investigator, Darcy has learned to believe in the unbelievable. And she’s given Matt fair warning: sometimes people don’t like the skeletons she finds. She never dreamed that warning would apply to herself. For she’s about to discover that Melody House holds much more than a simple mystery from the distant past. What it holds is a very real and lethal danger, one that will cast her into a struggle against the worlds of both the living and the dead.
My thoughts: I read book 3 (Ghost Walk) a long time ago and have been meaning to get to the rest of this series (it appears I don’t need to read them in order—I just want to). Wish I didn’t wait so long. I liked this story. Lots of suspense, ghosts, and romance. What’s not to like?

This past weekend Hubby, daughter, and I travelled to West Michigan (along Lake Michigan) to visit some friends. It was a nice little getaway to a place I’d never been to before. The weather was awesome (in the 70s with barely any humidity) and I got a lot of walking done (hit over 10K steps both Friday and Saturday). When we got back home on Sunday, it was still humid here. Heck, it’s been raining every day since we left!

So… Have you taken any weekend trips lately? How far are you willing to travel? It took us a little over 5 hours to get to our destination. Not a bad drive, either.

Happy Reading!

Stacy

6 comments:

Maria Zannini said...

That is fantastic news! I'm so happy for you.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Thanks, Maria.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That is awesome news!!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Alex - I thought so too!

Natalie Aguirre said...

So glad for your happy news, Stacy! I'm so happy for you.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Thanks, Natalie!