Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Reading Update and More Tests

Today I’m getting an MRI on my left adrenal gland. Friday I’m getting a biopsy on the nodules on my thyroid. It’s a busy week. I sure hope the results come back good. But I won’t know for a couple of weeks. In the meantime, I’ll just keep doing what I’m doing. Which isn’t a heck of a lot.

I am still walking. I try to get out there before 8am if it’s humid (and it appears summer likes it to be that way). If I’m out there early, I walk a little over 2 miles. If it’s later, then I stick to about a mile. I’m not fond of sweating.

Here’s what I read since my last update:

Book #36

Dates read: June 25-30, 2021
Title: Moon Kissed
Year of publication: 2010
Author: Michele Hauf
Genre: Paranormal romance
Series: Beautiful Creatures
# of Pages: 291
Paper or plastic: Mass market paperback
How obtained: Purchased.
Blurb from Goodreads: Escaping from bloodthirsty vampires, Belladonna Reynolds ran straight into the arms of a werewolf. As a man Severo drew her in with his dark good looks; as a beast he astounded her with his insatiable sensual appetite. Whether afraid or aroused, Bella fled to his lair when threatened by an evil monster of the night....
    Severo tried to keep Bella--his mate--safe from the vampiress who held a malicious desire for revenge against him, but he alone wasn't enough. Now Bella had taken the form of his most cursed enemy. How could he desire the very thing he'd spent his life destroying? And even if he did, what would the werewolf do to Bella on the next full moon?
My thoughts: Interesting world, but I’m still not fond of alpha werewolves. Besides that, it was a nice romance and had lots of action, too.

So… how’s your reading goals coming along this year (if you set a goal, that is)? I’m ahead of my goal—yay! I haven’t been ahead of a goal in a long time. I’ll take what I can get.

Happy Reading!

Stacy

2 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Hope everything comes back negative and all is good!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Alex - Me, too!!