Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Reading Update and Other News

Quick health update: I’m having an MRI on July 7 to check the mass on my left adrenal gland and I’m having a biopsy on one or two nodules on my thyroid on July 9. So glad I don’t have to wait until September to get these suspicious masses check out! The endocrinologist also ran a lot of blood work on me to double check the adrenal gland. I probably had a dozen vials taken! FYI: 34 vials = a pint. At least that’s what the lab technician told me.

Here’s what I read since my last update:

Book #35

Dates read: June 21-25, 2021
Title: Forever Werewolf
Year of publication: 2012
Author: Michele Hauf
Genre: Paranormal romance
Series: Beautiful Creatures
# of Pages: 274
Paper or plastic: Mass market paperback
How obtained: Purchased.
Blurb from book: Alexis Conner, princess of the Alpine pack and pureblood werewolf, hides a painful secret—she has never shifted. If she can’t shift, she can’t mate, and so Lexi resigned herself to a lifetime of loneliness. But then a stranger arrives, and Lexi senses that her world will never be the same…
    A massive avalanche might be to blame for Trystan Hawkes getting stuck at Castle Wulfsiege, but after one look at Lexi, Trystan is not about to leave. Lexi is strong, smart and incredibly sexy. Not that it matters. Tryst is an omega—the fabled lone wolf. Even more damning is his mixed vampire heritage.
    Lexi knows that the vampire blood running through Tryst’s veins makes him off-limits, but what if he’s the one man who can rouse her inner wolf?
My thoughts: Just focusing on the couple and the romance, I liked this book very much. And thank goodness there are some vampires in it, too. I realized why I’m not a fan of werewolf (shifter) books: the leaders of the pack are assholes, the betas blindly follow their leader, and the women are treated as property (I really felt sorry for Lexi’s sister, even at the end).

It’s been nasty hot here. Not as bad as the northwest, but 90+ temps with high humidity is pretty darn close. If I don’t get my walk started before 8am, I don’t bother. It’s just too miserable out there. But I am walking up to 2 miles now. I’d probably go farther if not for the heat!

So… Watching any sports? I gave up on hockey when Vegas lost. I’m into baseball now. Reds are fun to watch this year (about time!).

Happy Reading!

Stacy

2 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Praying those masses are nothing.
Yes, hot and humid here. Walks are definitely early.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Thanks, Alex.