Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Reading Update, Doctors, and Weather

Saw my primary care physician yesterday. She thinks September is too long to wait for my “suspicious” thyroid nodule to be looked at/biopsied and will look into getting me seen on base sooner (especially since one of their endocrinologists has just returned from deployment). Fingers crossed!

EDITED TO ADD: I'm seeing the endocrinologist on base tomorrow (Thursday)!!!

Here’s what I read since my last update:

Book #34

Dates read: June 14-19, 2021
Title: The Vampire’s Protector
Year of publication: 2016
Author: Michele Hauf
Genre: Paranormal romance
Series: Beautiful Creatures
# of Pages: 296
Paper or plastic: Mass market paperback
How obtained: Unsure. It’s signed by the author, though. So I either purchased it from her or got it free at a convention.
Blurb from book: For over a century, musician Nicolo Paganini had rested in peace. Until Summer Santiago’s innocent touch raised him from the grave. Awakening in a world suddenly so foreign, he needed Summer’s help. Yet his protector was a vampire…with a deep desire for Nicolo’s blood.
    Despite the raving attraction between them, the pair had something more dangerous than bloodlust to contend with. The devil had a plan for Nicolo’s eternal life. Should Nicolo play the cursed black violin, his fate would be sealed. But if he resisted Satan’s call, he would lose the woman who had made his life worth living.
My thoughts: I enjoyed this story very much. There were just a couple of loose threads I would have like answered (and have nothing to do with the series), but it didn’t distract from my enjoyment. This was a great romance with lots of paranormal characters.

Monday I got up early to walk because it was already warm and muggy by 7:30am (temps in the 70s). Tuesday I had to wait until after 9:00am for it to warm up to the high 50s. What is up with this weather? Granted, I’d prefer not to have any more humid days. I don’t like sweating that much while walking.

So… Happy belated Father’s Day to all you daddies out there. I hope you had a good time. Hubby seemed to enjoy his day. And he appreciated the new headphones I got him. I knew they’d be perfect. He’d sent me the link! Haha!

Happy Reading!

Stacy

No comments: