Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Reading Update and Savannah

I was going to post this while I was in Savannah, but having driven to the city on Tuesday, and arriving late in a heavy downpour, it kind of slipped my mind!

I had a great time at the Literary Love Savannah Summerween book convention. So much so, I didn’t get any reading or crocheting done! I also didn’t do too bad in the selling part, either. It was my best year since attending my first one in 2019.

I’m still debating on whether or not I’ll go next year, though. A lot depends on whether or not I’ll have heart surgery in March (the convention is held in July next year). It would also be nice if I had a new book out by then, too. I really need to get back to work on it!!

If you love books and always wanted to go to a book convention but were afraid of the crowds, this is a great one to start with. It’s on the small-side and everyone treats everyone like family there. It’s a great event. Next year’s theme is Book Life. You can join the Facebook group (HERE) for more information (no obligation to register).

Here’s what I read since my last update:

Book 40

Dates read: July 23-August 1, 2021
Title: Phantom Evil
Year of publication: 2011
Author: Heather Graham
Genre: Paranormal romantic suspense
Series: Krewe of Hunters #1
# of Pages: 360
Paper or plastic: Mass market paperback
How obtained: Purchased
Blurb from book: Though haunted by the recent deaths of two teammates, Jackson Crow knows that the living commit the most heinous crimes.
    A police officer utilizing her paranormal intuition, Angela Hawkins already has her hands full of mystery and bloodshed.
    But one assignment calls to them too strongly to resist. In a historic mansion in New Orleans’s French Quarter, a senator’s wife falls to her death. Most think she jumped; some say she was pushed. And yet others believe she was beckoned by the ghostly spirits inhabiting the house—once the site of a serial killer’s grisly work.
    In this seemingly unsolvable case, only one thing is certain: whether supernatural or all too human, crimes of passion will cast Jackson and Angela into danger of losing their lives…and their immortal souls.
My thoughts: Okay, I can see me reading the rest of this series (which is currently up to book #35). But I think I want to finish her other series first (since this series does tie into the Harrison Investigation series). The romance is on the light side (if that matters to you), as this book is more mystery and suspense. I enjoyed it all.

So… I only have 10 books to read to reach my goal for this year. Awesome! How is your reading goal coming along? Do you have one? Why or why not?

Happy Reading!

Stacy

2 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Glad Savannah was a good deal. Hopefully you can go again next year.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Alex - It would be nice if I could go. Hopefully I find out later this year.