Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Reading Update and Headed to Dragon Con

As you’re reading this, I’m headed to Atlanta and… Dragon Con! They said they were capping attendance at around 40K (less than half that attended in 2019 and about the number that attended at my first DC in 2010), requiring masks, and you must show proof of vaccination or a COVID-free test (taken within the past 72 hours), so that’s great. Of course, they’re also limiting how many people can go into the rooms for panels. I don’t see where that matters so much, unless they’re purposely spreading the chairs apart. Which could be what they’re doing. We’ll see.

Here’s what I read since my last update:

Book 44

Dates read: August 21-28, 2021
Title: Ghost Shadow
Year of publication: 2010
Author: Heather Graham
Genre: Paranormal Romantic Suspense
Series: The Bone Island Trilogy #1
# of Pages: 351
Paper or plastic: Mass market paperback
How obtained: Purchased
Blurb from book: There are those who walk among us who are no longer alive, but not yet crossed over. They seek retribution…vengeance…to warn. Among the living, few intuit their presence.
    Katie O’Hara is one who can.
    As she’s drawn deeper and deeper into a gruesome years-old murder, whispered warnings from a spectral friend become more and more insistent. But Katie must uncover the truth: could David Beckett really be guilty of his fiancée’s murder?
    Worse—the body count’s rising on the Island of Bones, and the dead seem to be reenacting some macabre tableaux from history. The danger is increasing by the moment—especially as Katie finds herself irresistibly drawn to David, who may be responsible for more than just one killing…
My thoughts: I really liked this. It’s set in Key West, a city I really came to like when we visited for a few days way back in 2019. Oh, and I liked the ghosts, too (which is the main reason I bought the book to read).

FYI: The e-book box set for Books 4-6 of the Bitten by Love series is now available! So now you can get the whole series in two box sets for less than purchasing them separately. That’s a great deal, don’t you think? You can purchase it at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Apple, Kobo, Google, or Smashwords.

I bought a white board to help me get my timeline straight on Ghostly Protector. I realized I created a huge mess when I moved scenes around (and of course, I don’t remember why…). That could be why my brain is having issues with moving forward on this project! I started to document the timeline, but stopped since I’ll be gone a week. I’ll only forget what I did (or why I did it—I know me too well), so better to wait and start when I return home. At least, that’s what I’m telling myself!

So… Got any plans this Labor Day?

Happy Reading!

Stacy

3 comments:

Natalie Aguirre said...

Have fun at DragonCon! Glad they are focusing on safety for those to attend. No, I don't have any exciting weekend plans, though last weekend was a super fun one.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Have a good time! Hopefully they do spread the chairs. Even vaccinated people can get it and spread it.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Natalie - So far I've seen a lot of people wearing masks. And Dragon Con hasn't even officially started yet. That makes me feel good.

Alex - Thanks! I plan on having LOTS of fun.