Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Reading Update and I’m Back Home

I made it back home safe and sound.

The cruise was great. Loved being relaxed. Now I’m home and I’m stressing over Christmas. Or at least just stressing over the work I need to do. See why I cruise? Oh well… Next cruise begins in roughly two months. Yay!

Here’s what I read since my last update:

Book 56

Dates read: December 7-10, 2021
Title: A Gift of Ghosts
Year of publication: 2011
Author: Sarah Wynde
Genre: Paranormal romance
Series: The Tassamara Series Book One
# of Pages: 170
Paper or plastic: Nook
How obtained: Purchased
Blurb from the book: Akira has secrets. But so does the town of Tassamara.
    Akira Malone believes in the scientific method, evolution, and Einstein’s theory of relativity. And ghosts. All the logic and reason in the world can’t protect her from the truth—she can see and communicate with spirits.
    But Akira is sure that her ability is just a genetic quirk and the ghosts she encounters simply leftover electromagnetic energy. Dangerous electromagnetic energy.
    Zane Latimer believes in telepathy, precognition, auras, and that playing Halo with your employees is an excellent management technique. He also thinks that maybe, just maybe, Akira can help his family get in touch with their lost loved ones.
    But will Akira ever be able to face her fears and accept her gift? Or will Zane’s relatives be trapped between life and death forever.
My thoughts: The story idea (of how Akira sees ghosts) is similar to the new series “Ghosts,” although this was written years before the series and it’s not a comedy. It’s light reading and enjoyable, but rather short (for my tastes).There isn’t a cliff hanger (yay) as this story could be read as a standalone. Seems the series has to do with the inhabitants of the town and not just one couple. Don’t know if I’ll continue to read the rest of the series, because while it was fun, it really didn’t grab me to want to read more. Heck, I’d completely forgotten I’d bought this book in the first place. I can only imagine I found it while looking for books as keywords (Amazon advertising), and checked B&N to see if it was there, since that’s the only place I buy e-books. If you’re looking for a short romance with ghosts and a little suspense, give this one a try.  

After stating on the last post that I wasn’t working on Ghostly Protector during the cruise, I went and worked on Ghostly Protector! Finally got past the part that was holding me up. Actually, finally FIXED the part that was holding me up. Boy, did that feel good.

I still have to organize my photos (stuff I need to do), so once I do that, I’ll post some pictures here on the blog. Hopefully I won’t take too long, but hey, when I get stressed to do stuff, I tend to not do it. Or other stuff gets priority. Something like that.

So… Are you ready for Christmas? I haven’t even gotten the tree up yet. But it is on my list of things to do. Probably should do it first though, huh?

Happy Reading!

Stacy

No comments: