Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Reading Update and Merry Christmas!

If you celebrate the holiday, Merry Christmas! If you celebrate something else, Happy Holidays! Yesterday was the first day of winter and now I can expect the days to start getting longer again. Of course, I have to suffer through snow and cold before the longer days bring warmer weather, but I have to look at the positives here!

Our Christmas should be warm and wet this year. Warm being near 60 degrees. And that’s a lot warmer than it is today (at 30). Doesn’t matter if it rains, it’s way better than snow, so I’ll take what I can.

Here’s what I read since my last update:

Book 57

Dates read: December 10-20, 2021
Title: The Way You Bite
Year of publication: 2017
Author: Zoe Forward
Genre: Paranormal romance
Series: Blood Wars #1
# of Pages: 223
Paper or plastic: Nook
How obtained: Purchased
Blurb from the Goodreads: When King Werewolf shows up in veterinarian Vee Scarpa's ER, she's livid.
    Her father, North American head honcho vampire, has threatened a chilling or else if she "accidentally" helped a wolf again, especially since they're at war. But she's tempted by the sexy wolf. And his deadly blood calls to her in a way that should set off warning bells...
    A promise to his brother in arms obliges Lexan Dimitrov to rescue the aristocrat vampire before her family discovers her secret—a secret Vee herself isn't even aware of. What he didn't expect was to find her sexy-as-hell. He's not into vamps, yet the inescapable heat building between them is a delicious temptation guaranteed to end in total disaster.
My thoughts: This is book 1 in a series, so there are some loose ends to the overall story (basically about the war between vamps and wolves), but the romance is contained in this book with a satisfying ending, so all’s good there. I enjoyed this for the most part. I had a few issues with the plot, especially at the end, but others might not even realize the issue. Will I get the next book in the series? Probably.

So… do you go to the movies on Christmas day? It’s a good possibility we may, but finding a movie everyone wants to see will be the issue.  I know what I want to see, but not everyone is into football movies (Kurt Warner fan, here). Got any recommendations?

Happy Reading!

Stacy

2 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

We've been watching Christmas movies and shows all month!
Warm but dry here. I'll take it. We never get snow.
Merry Christmas!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Alex - Never gets snow? That's how it was where I grew up--Southern California. I miss that weather!