Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Reading Update and Happy End of Year!

This is most likely the last post for 2021. Probably last book finished, too. I don’t see me reading a lot this week. At least not enough to finish something. I didn’t do too bad at 58 books this year, huh? And I couldn’t even say that was because of my cruise, because I had already reached my goal before that started. I mostly read during breakfast and lunch. And if I’m not in the mood to do something else, I’ll read. My eyes curse me on those days, but it is what it is: I love stories. Especially good ones.

Here’s what I read since my last update:

Book 58

Dates read: December 20-28, 2021
Title: The Wolf
Year of publication: 2021
Author: J.R. Ward
Genre: Paranormal romance
Series: Black Dagger Brotherhood Prison Camp #2
# of Pages: 418
Paper or plastic: Hardback
How obtained: Purchased (I also won a copy)
Blurb from the book: Rio Hernandez-Guerrero has been working undercover to bring down Caldwell’s worst drug lord, the elusive and sadistic Mozart. She knows she’s finally getting close to him when she’s ordered to negotiate a massive deal with a shadowy supplier. But what shows up at the meeting…is nothing she expects.
    Betrayed by his clan, Lucan was locked up decades ago for the crime of being both wolven and vampire. Forced to engage in drug dealing by the prison camp’s despot, he is not looking for anything more complicated in his cold and isolated life. But then a human woman with a stare that tames him, crosses his path…
    Rio captures a predator’s heart, but they both have secrets that threaten not only their fate as soulmates but their very lives. Will they find a way to win at the deadly game they’re both playing…or will their inner natures shatter their love?
My thoughts: Love, love, love this series. Or actually, this world. It’s the same thing, right? Seems like it to me. The next book can’t come out soon enough. I could have read this book a lot quicker, except I wanted to make it last. But once I got really involved, I couldn’t stop reading. And now I’m sad it’s over.
    FYI - I won a copy of this book (Goodreads giveaway) after I had pre-ordered a copy, that I don't remember pre-ordering. I don't usually pre-order books, so that's why I entered the giveaway (and is it strange that the last two time I won a giveaway was a J.R. Ward book???). So now I have two copies. Might have to give one of them away.

So… how many books have you read this year? Did you reach your goal? Did you set one? I’ll set my goal for 2022 to be 50 again. Why ruin a good streak?

Happy Reading and Happy New Year!

Stacy

No comments: