Wednesday, June 29, 2022

It’s a Start and Other News

BOOK NEWS
I registered for a book signing that will take place June 2023 in Cleveland, OH. I will also register for Literary Love Savannah soon for that convention which takes place in July 2023. Have I finished Ghostly Protector yet? Nope. But… I’m actually working on it. So… it’s a start. If these events don’t motivate me, nothing will and I’ll have to face that fact… next year.

HEART NEWS
I feel great. Actually, I don’t feel all that different from before the surgery (except I haven’t attempted steps yet—hopefully get the clearance tomorrow). But, because my heart went into AFib during surgery, I have to wear a heart monitor for 30 days AND take blood thinners during that time. The heart monitor itches (well, the tape securing the monitor itches) and is driving me a little nuts. I’ll be glad when July 20th comes around. I return the monitor then and find out whether or not I need to be on the thinners any longer. Keeping fingers crossed all goes well!

CANCER NEWS
I see my oncologist on July 19 and will find out when I start treatment on my cancer then. I’ve got some trips coming up (family reunion in August, DragonCon during Labor Day weekend, and a tour through national parks in mid-Sept), but he said they’d be able to work around our schedule. We’ll see!

I didn’t finish reading a book this week, so no update, but I wanted to share my other news with you. Stuff is actually happening! Maybe life is finally going back to normal. I can hope!

So… got any trips scheduled for this summer?

Happy Reading!

Stacy

2 comments:

JeffO said...

I'm glad you're feeling well, and hope that the monitor delivers good news for you.

Trips? Maybe a trip to Long Island in August but we've got a lot of things happening, so it might not be possible. Enjoy all of yours!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jeff - So far the monitor hasn't shown any more AFib. Yay! But it did show that my heart is working hard (dang it) and I'm now on beta blockers. I don't like taking so many pills, but if I gotta, I gotta.