Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Reading Update and Another Surgery in October

I saw the thoracic surgeon last week and she’s all for me having the surgery to remove the tumor on my right lung. Said it’s small (8mm) and in an easy spot to remove (yay?). I still have to pass the pulmonary test (in Sep), but since I don’t have COPD or any breathing problems, I was assured I’d pass it.

So… I’m having surgery (#3 for the year) on October 11. Should only spend one night in the hospital, too. Will this be the end of my surgeries? I sure hope so!

Trying to make appointments for the surgery and for the procedures needed prior to the surgery has been interesting. We’re gone for most of September and don’t get back home until Oct 5. I was able to make the pulmonary appointment for Sep 9, just barely squeezing it between two trips. But I’m glad I was able to wait until October for the surgery. Now I can go see my mom!

Here’s what I read since my last update:

Book 23

Dates read: July 29 – August 8, 2022
Title: Knight Awakening
Year of publication: 2020
Author: Rebecca Zanetti
Genre: Apocalyptic romantic suspense
Series: Scorpius Syndrome #6
# of Pages: 330
Paper or plastic: Trade paperback
How obtained: Purchased
Blurb from the book: The world has changed. Any rules that might’ve been in place before the Scorpius bacterium ripped through civilization and decreased its population are no longer in place. Obsession and survival are the new reality. So, Marcus Knight, after a hellish time in captivity that stole most of his memory and all of his soul, has one focus, and that’s keeping Dr. Penelope Kim safe in the aftermath. She risked her life to save him once, and she’s all that matters. For months, he’s kept his distance, protecting her from afar, because he knows that one touch—one sigh—one kiss—from her will never be enough.
    Penny Kim is one of the few doctors still living, and she alone holds the key to ensuring the human race continues. Several of her friends are pregnant, and the clock is ticking down on their survival. Her days are filled with experiments and hope, while her nights are consumed with visions and dreams of the hard-bodied and powerful soldier who’s made her safety his one and only mission. She should be wary of him; she should be terrified of him. Yet all she feels is an unreal craving for his touch that gets stronger every day. Life is short, and she’s unwilling to wait, unaware of the danger already hunting them both. Some risks are worth it, even in this new and dangerous world.
My thoughts: Enjoyed this one better than the last. And it’s the last in the series, which is very clear. I liked how it wrapped up.

I’m still walking every morning I can and noticed that my pace has increased in speed, despite the hot and humid mornings. I’m thinking that clip is really doing the job! Or maybe it’s the beta blockers. Who knows? I just know I’ve been able to push it and not feel like I’m dying out there. And the weather hasn’t been all that comfortable. Cooler weather is in the forecast (with less humidity), but I doubt I’m here to enjoy it. We leave for NJ on Friday for a family reunion on Saturday. Lots of driving and very little walking. But I enjoy the trip and seeing my cousins. I try to go every year (or at least every year they hold it).

So… do you attend family reunions? If so, do you have to travel far for them?  

Happy Reading!

Stacy

2 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Glad the surgery is scheduled and yes, hope it's the final one!
And happy to hear you can push yourself farther now.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Alex - Yeah, I am feeling pretty good that I can finally get into some kind of healthy shape (without feeling like I need oxygen). :D