Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Reading Update and My Crochet Projects

Since I didn’t schedule this post yesterday (too busy watching the second season of Stranger Things—which I enjoyed a lot!), thought I’d share some photos of the granny square market bags I’ve made. These will go to some lucky readers at the Literary Love Savannah convention next July.

I call this my Halloween bag.


Used leftover yarn from a placemat project I made for my son and DIL.

This was made from leftover yarn of the placemats I made for me.

I've always wanted to try this granny square (from a pattern I had since the 80s). I need a brighter yellow, I think.

Again, leftover yarn from something. Probably more placemats or hot pads. I made a lot of those.

This was definitely made from scraps of all the yarn I had. I really like how it turned out. 

Here’s what I read since my last update:

Book 25

Dates read: August 15-23, 2022
Title: King of Midnight
Year of publication: 2022
Author: Lara Adrian
Genre: Paranormal romance
Series: Midnight Breed #18
# of Pages: 335
Paper or plastic: Trade paperback
How obtained: Purchased
Blurb from book: As a Breed warrior and the son of the Order’s founder and commander, Darion Thorne is an exacting tactician and a lethal combatant, yet nothing can prepare him for the catastrophic act that forces him to step to the helm of the Order as its leader. With their adversaries growing bolder and more brazen with every strike, Darion knows he must take the war to them before it’s too late to stop them all.
    Yet of all their enemies, the one most dangerous for Darion is the beautiful, yet volatile, Selene, Queen of the Atlanteans. Determined to recover four powerful crystals stolen from her ages ago, Selene will go to any lengths to have them. When that goal puts one of the Order’s own in the crosshairs, she finds herself locked in a personal battle with Darion, a Breed warrior she knows she should despise, yet who stirs an unbidden desire within her.
    With the battle lines drawn between them and a diabolical evil on the rise, can Darion and Selene put aside their mistrust in time to save all they hold dear, or will they see the world plunge into a darkness that has no end?
My thoughts: This was a fitting end to the series. It was hard to see Selene as a heroine when she’d been a villain in previous books, but I came around. As did she. Haha!

So… do you think people will enjoy getting one of my market bags? Do you carry a bag with you when you shop? I have some, but I keep forgetting to take them with me! Or rather, I keep forgetting to put them back in the car. D’oh!

Happy Reading!

Stacy

2 comments:

JeffO said...

OH, my I've been MIA again. The bags look great! When I first got reusable bags for the grocery store I would leave them in the car or at home all the time. I've finally gotten in the habit most of the time.

I hope you're doing well and staying healthy, must go back and read the things I've missed the last couple o'weeks...

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jeff - It's just too easy to be MIA, isn't it? Like, I didn't make a post this Wednesday! Then again, I hadn't finished reading a book, either. So maybe I have an excuse? :D