Wednesday, October 12, 2022

No Books, No Surgery, But Pictures!

I was supposed to have surgery yesterday. That's been cancelled...indefinitely.

On Thursday, the 6th, I had my pre-op appointment and CT scan. Results from the scan showed other spots had grown (whereas only one spot was growing the past year) and a new spot appeared. Apparently, the CT scan at UC Health is more detailed than the one on the base. Or I just had some active growth since July.

In any case, there wasn't any reason to have the surgery to remove one spot when all the others seem active, too. And they aren't all in the same area. Some are in the other lung.

Today I see my oncologist to see when I start immunotherapy. Hubby wants it to start tomorrow. We'll see.

I haven't finished reading the book I started last week, so here are some pictures from my trip out west. See, I DID remember!

Yellowstone

Yellowstone

Yellowstone

Yellowstone

Yellowstone

Yellowstone really surprised me. When I was there back in 1970, I only saw Old Faithful. I never realized how much it resembled another planet! I did see a lot of bison there, but no bears. I really thought I'd see at least one bear!

Bryce Canyon

Bryce Canyon

Bryce Canyon

I've heard of Bryce Canyon before, but never realized how huge that place is. I'm so glad I was able to experience it.
Zion National Park

Zion National Park

Where you see Bryce from above, you experience Zion from below. Driving through the tunnel was an experience, too. They had to stop the traffic on the other end so our bus could drive down the middle of the road. It was too tall for one side. 

Grand Canyon (donkey excursion--looks like fun!)

Grand Canyon

Grand Canyon

Grand Canyon (if you zoom you might be able to see some people on those trails!)

I've been to the Grand Canyon three times before this trip. We had planned on taking the helicopter through the canyon, but all flights were cancelled due to weather. I was very disappointed and don't know if I'll ever get another chance at it.

Our tour group at Zion.

I had a lot of fun on the coach tour and would do another.

Beach in Santa Barbara (along the Shoreline Park walking path)

Me in Pismo Beach

Sand Dunes at Pismo Beach

Pismo Beach

Me at Morro Bay

While in Santa Barbara, vising my mother, we also took some walks along the beaches. Pismo Beach is about an hour north of SB. Morro Bay another 30 min. I really love Pismo Beach. It's HUGE! 

Hope you enjoy the photos. I should have a book read by next Wednesday.

Happy Reading!

Stacy


4 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Really sorry they found more spots. So, treatment rather than surgery?
Great photos. Been a long time since I visited either park.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Alex - Yes, treatment. In fact, I start immunotherapy next Thursday. Keeping fingers crossed that I don't have severe reactions.

JeffO said...

Long delayed drop in to see how things are going. I'm really sorry to hear this news and I'm hoping to hear good news about treatments!

Lovely photos!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jeff - Thanks. I hope to hear good news about that, too. But I have to wait until January.