Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Reading Update and Cruise News

Our next cruise was scheduled for Jan 8. Unfortunately, I have a treatment on Jan 12 that I can’t miss. We thought we were gonna lose out on the cruise. We thought wrong!

Technically, the day for us to cancel without penalties was on Oct 16th. We didn’t know for sure whether or not we could go until Oct 20th (figures, right?). We told the lady who helped book this cruise whether we could just transfer the payments to another cruise. She talked to her boss, explained the circumstances and how we were active cruisers, and they let us do it! So instead of leaving on the 8th, we’re leaving on the 21st. It’s a different cruise from a different port (out of Miami instead of Baltimore) and it’s an 8-day & 6-day cruise back-to-back (vs the 14-day cruise we had), but we didn’t lose any money. Well, we had to pay extra, since these cruises cost more, but it was less than what we would have lost if we had just cancelled.

While I’m bummed I have to have the cancer treatments, I was super happy that I still get to go on the cruise. And I’m sure by then (when I switch over from phase I to phase II) I’ll really need the break!

Here’s what I read since my last update:

Book 35

Dates read: October 14-25, 2022
Title: After The Bite
Year of publication: 2022
Author: Lynsay Sands
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Series: Argeneau Vampires #35
# of Pages: 392
Paper or plastic: Trade paperback
How obtained: Purchased
Blurb from book: Immortal Enforcer Valerian just wants to relax. His last assignment had been more grueling than he’d care to admit, and golf has always helped him unwind. If golf course owner Natalie thinks it’s a little odd for him to tee off at sunset every evening, she’s keeping it to herself. The single mom is sexy as hell, and her little daughter, Mia, only adds to his delight. He knows Natalie is wary of a relationship of any kind…what will she think when she discovers he’s an immortal? His best course of action is to woo her the old-fashioned way.
    But the course of true love never did run smooth—especially for a vampire and a mortal. And when danger stalks Natalie, Valerian realizes he’s playing a game of life and death and if he loses this round, he risks losing her forever.
My thoughts: I so needed this book after reading The Witcher Chime (the book I finished before this one). I love the Argeneau series! Love the humor. Love the romance. And I love the suspense.

So… my first treatment went well. Lasted a lot longer than I expected, though. I expected one hour. It was THREE! I had an appointment with my cardiologist that I was a little bit late for. And I didn’t get the breakfast I had planned. I’ll know better next time.

So far I haven’t experienced any side effects. I had a headache the first couple of days, but that was it. I was told the effects are delayed with immunotherapy (whereas with chemotherapy, they happen almost right away). So we’ll see how I feel after the next treatment (on Nov 10).

My visit with the cardiologist went well. The mitraclip is working wonderfully. I still get tired climbing stairs or walking fast, but not as bad. On Saturday, we went to see the Penguins play in Columbus (against the Blue Jackets). Pens won, by the way—yay! After the game, in the parking garage, I didn’t have to stop to catch my breath climbing the stairs (and we were parked on the 4th level). Last time I had to stop twice! So I guess I can call that progress.

Happy Reading!

Stacy

4 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Glad you were able to adjust your cruise schedule. Hope the rest of the treatments go well.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Alex - Me, too!

The Happy Whisk said...

I love that the lady helped you guys out. This is a very, very good story.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Ivy - good stories are the best, aren't they?