Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Reading Update and Good News…Finally

Last Monday I had my CT Scan. Yesterday I saw my oncologist’s nurse (since my oncologist wasn’t available). The results of my scan were good!

NO. NEW. DISEASE.

That means the treatments are working. I never realized how nervous I was about that until I felt the relief. Finally, good news without a caveat! I’m so happy.

Here’s what I read since my last update:

Book 1

Dates read: January 1-10, 2023
Title: Sucker Punch
Year of publication: 2020
Author: Laurell K. Hamilton
Genre: Urban Fantasy
Series: Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #27
# of Pages: 572
Paper or plastic: Mass market paperback
How obtained: Purchased
Blurb from book: A brutal murder, a suspect in jail, and an execution planned—but what if the wrong person is about to be killed?
My thoughts: When you get this far into a series, guess you don’t need much of a blurb on the book, huh? I loved diving back into this world. Yeah, Ms. Hamilton can get a little wordy at times, but that has never bothered me. I guess I just love her words! This story is full of conflict and suspense, and I really hated putting it down when I had to. I love this world. This series. It’s so much fun!

I exercised on Sunday: 30 minutes of step aerobics without the step. It wiped me out. Could it have been from the COVID booster I had on Friday? I mean, I had the strongest reaction to that of all the other shots (chills and a fever—I guess the immunotherapy boosted my immune system for that, too), and it’s possible I probably should have waited. The nurse said it’s okay if exercise wipes me out, though. To just take naps when needed. Now, convince my brain it’s okay to go back to exercising. It loves excuses, you know?

Happy Reading!

Stacy

5 comments:

The Happy Whisk said...

OMG OMG OMG OMG. So happy for you. I get that not realizing how much the weight of something is until it's gone. I think, for me, I get used to that weight and don't think about it and then it's gone and I'm like, wow, wow, that feels lighter!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Ivy - Exactly! I'm walking so much lighter now!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That is awesome! That is great news.
You are probably getting plenty of immunity stuff in you without extra. Soon, nothing will touch you.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Alex - I hope you're right! I hate getting sick!!

The Happy Whisk said...

That's so good to hear!