Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Reading Update and I’m Still Cruising!!

We’re on our second cruise now and today we dock in Ocho Rios, Jamaica. I’m still enjoying cruising, even if I’m not enjoying the ship so much. Always love visiting islands. In Amber Cove, we went to Monkeyland. Those little squirrel monkeys were soooooo cute! When I get the pictures downloaded to my computer, I’ll post some here. Because they were all over me!

Here’s what I read since my last update:

Book 4

Dates read: January 24-30, 2023
Title: Passion’s Potion
Year of publication: 2019
Author: Anise Rae
Genre: Paranormal romance
Series: Mayflower Mages #4
# of Pages: 321
Paper or plastic: Nook
How obtained: Purchased
Blurb from Goodreads: The Not all treasures can be locked away…
    Thea Redding has finally overcome the scandal dogging her life. Her new potions shop is a success. Life is perfect. Until a handsome dragon-rider mage accuses her of poisoning his sister…Thea’s ex-best friend, the woman who ruined her reputation years ago.
    But Thea was never interested in revenge. Or poisons. Or dragon-riders. They’re a paranoid bunch, intent on protecting their infamous treasures. Woe to those who get swooped up by one.
    Nothing will stop Marcus Tavis from getting an antidote for the poison that’s destroying his sister. He thought he’d captured the culprit. But Thea is not what he expected. In fact, she may be his only hope for curing his sister. Too bad they got off on the wrong foot. Fortunately, dragon-riders are born to charm. It’s one way his type has procured their treasures for millennia, and Thea may be his greatest treasure ever. But she’s in danger. Someone is blackmailing her to conjure an impossible potion. She needs Marcus’s protection. Can he charm her into trusting him…and taking a chance on love?

My thoughts: This is book 4 in a series, but you don’t need to read the other 3 to read this one. They aren’t really connected, character-wise. It’s a series about the world. I enjoyed this book. And it was nice reading an actual romance for a change. This one has some sexy times, too!

I thought I would be reading more during this cruise, but…shocker! I’m writing! It’s going slow, but it’s going, and that’s the important part!

Hubby and I were able to watch the AFC Championship game on Sunday. Disappointed that Cincinnati didn’t win, but I like Kansas City, too. I expect they’ll end up winning the Super Bowl. I think the AFC teams are just better this year than the NFC teams.

FYI: I figured out why I don’t like this ship so much. It’s bigger, but the areas are the same as the smaller ships. So therefore, certain (popular) areas get crowded quicker. They built a bigger ship to house more people, but they should have also given these people larger areas (like the theatre and pool area) to enjoy. Hey, but what do I know. Right?

Happy Reading!

Stacy

1 comment:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

More area for people to roam makes more sense. Well, enjoy it anyway.