Sunday, February 26, 2023

Reading Update and Feeling…Meh

Can’t tell if I’m finally getting a bad reaction to my treatment, or if I just caught a stomach bug that my daughter and husband also had. Thing is, my symptoms are lasting way longer than theirs did. Guess I’m calling the doctor tomorrow.

Here’s what I read since my last update:

Book 8

Dates read: February 22-26, 2023
Title: Listen to Me
Year of publication: 2022
Author: Tess Gerritsen
Genre: Suspense/Thriller
Series: Rizzoli & Isles #13
# of Pages: 300
Paper or plastic: Hard cover
How obtained: Purchased
Blurb from Book: Boston homicide detective Jane Rizzoli and medical examiner Maura Isles are plagued by what seems to be a completely senseless murder. Sofia Suarez, a widow and nurse who was universally liked by her neighbors, lies bludgeoned to death in her own home. But anything can happen behind closed doors, and Sofia seems to have accumulated plenty of secrets in her last days, making covert calls to traceless burner phones. When Jane finally makes a connection between Sofia and the victim of a hit-and-run from months earlier, the case grows only blurrier.
    Meanwhile, Angela Rizzoli hasn’t had a decent night’s sleep in all the years since her daughter became a homicide detective. Maybe the apple hadn’t fallen too far from the tree: Nothing in Angela’s neighborhood gets by her—not the gossip about a runaway teenager down the block, and definitely not the strange neighbors who have just moved in across the street. If only Jane would listen—instead of writing off Angela’s concerns as the result of an overactive imagination.
    With so much happening on the Suarez case, Jane and Maura already struggle to see the forest for the trees, but will they lose sight of something sinister happening much closer to home?
My thoughts: I love this series. I liked the TV series, too, but the characters are way different on that, which I have to remember when I start reading another book of this series. I might have figured out the case long before the end if I hadn’t made an ASSUMPTION at the beginning. That’s what I get for not paying attention, I suppose.

I hate not feeling well. I don’t necessary feel sick, just…meh. I certainly don’t feel like exercising (walking or anything), or even eating. Although, I do wish I had some bananas in the house. I don’t feel like going to the store and getting any, though. But if I’m forced to go out tomorrow, I’ll definitely stop and get some.

Happy Reading!

Stacy

3 comments:

Stacy McKitrick said...

In case you were wondering, I'm feeling better today (Monday). Looks like it was a stomach bug after all. Whew!!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Glad the stomach bug is leaving you. Now, go get some bananas.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Alex - Yes! I still need those bananas. I have to run to the bank later, so I'll probably get them then. Between rain storms.