Monday, February 13, 2023

Reading Update and… Stuff

I am doing much better in my reading goal this year. I’m also doing better with my writing. Maybe 2023 will be a good year! Well, a good year for reading and writing. For my FitBit… not so good. It died! I was forced to get another because I really miss having that thing on my wrist. I hope I like it. I am not a fan of change. Heck, is anyone?

Here’s what I read since my last update:

Book 6

Dates read: February 9-13, 2023
Title: Tell No Lies
Year of publication: 2021
Author: Allison Brennan
Genre: Suspense/Thriller
Series: Quinn & Costa #2
# of Pages: 540
Paper or plastic: Mass market paperback
How obtained: Purchased
Blurb from Book: Something mysterious is killing the wildlife in the mountains just south of Tucson. When a college intern turned activist sets out to collect her own evidence, she, too, ends up dead. Local law enforcement is slow to get involved. That’s when the mobile FBI unit goes undercover to infiltrate the town and its copper refinery in search of possible leads.
    Quinn and Costa find themselves scouring the desolate landscape, which keeps revealing clues to something much darker—greed, child trafficking, and more death. As the body count adds up, it’s clear they have stumbled onto much more than they bargained for. Now they must figure out who is at the heart of this mayhem and stop them before more innocent lives are lost.
My thoughts: I breezed through this one. I guess that happens when you read a suspense that keeps you in suspense that you just want to keep reading! I liked the locale of this book, because it reminded me of when I lived in Ft. Huachuca, AZ. I only lived there a short time (little more than 2 years), but really loved the area. But overall, this book was entertaining and had me guessing to the end.

I’ll be in three book events this year: Literary Love Savannah (July), Books and All That Jazz (Cleveland in June), and now Book Love on the Rock (Rockford, IL in Oct). I need to post more information on this blog, and I will…eventually. But if you want the information NOW, let me know and I’ll send it to you.

Do you like attending book events? The Savannah one is actually a convention (lots of fun stuff for the readers), but the other two are basically book signings. I need to get something written up for my newsletter and I’ll be sure to share it on this blog, too. I really need to get the word out there, and I’ve been such a slacker.

FYI: My last treatment went well. I didn’t have any adverse effects (not even a headache—yay!). I just hope that’s a good thing. Sometimes I wonder if I don’t have any effects if the treatment is working. Isn’t that crazy thinking?

Happy Reading!

Stacy

2 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Good news on no side effects.
Hope the three events go great.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Thanks, Alex!