Friday, July 7, 2023

Finished Reading “Triptych” and I’m in a Funk

I get in these kinds of funks occasionally. Right now I wonder why I even bother keeping my blog up to date. Then I think back on all the times I have to research something and then KNOW I blogged about it. So, that’s why I stick with it (to remind me when I did whatever). Still… days like these aren’t all that easy.

And, of course, it’s been one busy week. Dragons game on Wednesday. Concert on Thursday. Another Dragons game tonight. Hair appointment tomorrow. And visiting our Columbus friends on Sunday.

And all I really want to do is stay home, crochet, and watch TV. Well… and read, too. But you don’t see any writing in there, do you. That’s probably not helping my funk any.

I really wish I could snap my fingers and it would go away, but, unfortunately, it doesn’t work that way. I just deal with it and hope it goes away as quickly as it came.

Here’s what I read since my last update:

Book 35

Dates read: July 2-7, 2023
Title: Triptych
Year of publication: 2006
Author: Karin Slaughter
Genre: Crime Fiction/Suspense
Series: Will Trent #1
# of Pages: 454
Paper or plastic: Mass market paperback
How obtained: Purchased
Blurb from Book: In the city of Atlanta, young women are dying at the hands of a killer who signs his work with a single, chilling act of mutilation. Leaving behind enough evidence to fuel a frenzied police hunt, this cunning madman is bringing together dozens of lives, crossing the boundaries of wealth and race. And Michael Ormewood, the hot-tempered veteran detective assigned to the case grows increasingly erratic as he is distracted by his crumbling marriage.
    Enter Will Trent, a special agent with the Georgia Bureau of Investigations. Lanky, quiet, and resolute, Will and his astute observations and unconventional methods have earned both praise and scorn from his colleagues, but they may give this team the edge they need to solve this case. Working with Angie Polaski, an acerbic vice cop, Michael and Will race to track down the killer before he strikes again.
    But another player has entered the game: a loser ex-con who has stumbled upon the killer’s trail in the most coincidental of ways—someone who may be the key to breaking the case wide open….
My thoughts: Man, I had trouble putting this book down. I love the TV series Will Trent and knew I had to eventually read the books. I’m glad I started now. Very suspenseful reading!

Here’s to a funk-free weekend! At least, I hope…

Happy Reading!

Stacy

2 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Sorry about the funk. And by Dragons you mean River Dragons? Can't imagine sitting outside for any sporting event right now. Way too hot and humid here.

Stacy McKitrick said...

I mean Dayton Dragons. They're the Single A team of the Cincinnati Reds.
And luckily, we haven't been hit with extreme high temps... yet. But it has been humid.