I told Hubby that so far I don’t feel like I’ve done much on this cruise (especially compared to the back-to-back-to-back cruise we took in July & August). We’ve seen one port (Ketchikan) and lots of water. Tomorrow is our first stop in Japan. Hopefully I’ll feel differently after that. We’ll see.
Here’s what I read since my last
update:
Book 27
Dates read: October 1-2, 2026
Title: Biting the Curse
Year of publication: 2019
Author: Stacy McKitrick
Genre: Paranormal romance
Series: Bitten by Love #5
# of Pages: 236
Paper or plastic: Nook
How obtained: I wrote it
Blurb from Goodreads: When Janie Robinson says “I do,” she might as well call the morgue.
Two days after her wedding, David died in a car accident.
The day after she accepted his proposal, Justin fell to his death at work.
The day after she agreed to move in, Aaron died in a freakish drone accident.
Now Sam wants to date her because she’s some kind of Perfect Mate.
If she’s perfectly anything, she’s perfectly cursed and she’s not about to risk Sam’s life.
Sam Kincaid is a vampire.
He has been searching for Janie since the day he let her go.
Her so-called curse doesn’t bother him until he becomes the killer’s next target.
He’s never feared for his life before, but if he lets her go again, it wouldn’t be worth living.
Recommend: Yes (duh)
My thoughts: Breezing through another re-read for me. I’m enjoying this process tremendously, too (I really think it’s going to help me in writing book 7). And I love what the defunct InD’tale magazine said in their review: Stacy McKitrick’s “Biting the Curse” is a sexy, romantic, action-packed mystery readers can really sink their teeth into! They always liked my books and I’m sorry they no longer exist.
Sometimes I wonder if I need to go and change all the covers
to the Bitten by Love books. Something that doesn’t have people on them. Would
that help in sales? And is it an expense I really need? Something to ponder…
(especially if it’s done just before book 7 is released). Your opinion is
greatly desired.
Happy Reading!
Stacy

No comments:
Post a Comment