Thursday, October 1, 2026

Finished “Blind Temptation” and More Itinerary Changes

So… there are apparently storms to and around Japan. So much so that two of our ports were cancelled, one was moved to another day, and one (maybe another) was added. We were supposed to dock on our first stop on Oct 3, but now we get another sea day and won’t dock until Oct 4. Boy, this cruise is something else, isn’t it? I just hope we don’t experience any of the tropical storm they hope to go around tonight. I can’t imagine that would be fun to cruise through.

Here’s what I read since my last update:

Book 26

Dates read: September 29 - October 1, 2026
Title: Blind Temptation
Year of publication: 2015
Author: Stacy McKitrick
Genre: Paranormal romance
Series: Bitten by Love #3
# of Pages: 263
Paper or plastic: Nook
How obtained: I wrote it
Blurb from Goodreads: Dreading the prospect of losing her position on the Vampire Committee, Victoria is forced to integrate with the mortal population. She hasn’t stepped outside since her husband died over 40 years ago and the thought of being treated like the 17-year-old she resembles frustrates her. But when she discovers that Ben, her hot & sexy driver’s ed teacher, is blind, she gives into temptation and flirts. She never expects to fall in love.
    Ben knows he shouldn’t get involved with Victoria—she’s his student. But something compels him toward her. She makes him feel young, alive, and more importantly, whole.
    Victoria would love nothing better than to have Ben as a mate, but fears he wouldn’t want to be blind forever. As she struggles to keep her identity hidden from him, an old acquaintance of Victoria’s turns up and is willing to do anything to win her love, including disposing of her boyfriend.
Recommend: Yes (duh)
My thoughts:
I’m rereading some of my books to help me write book 7 of this series. I couldn’t remember the small details I need to write Susannah’s and Barnet’s story. And Susannah first appeared in book 3. After reading this, I realized I probably need to reread books 5 & 6, too. Not that it will be a chore. Far from it. I LOVED rereading Blind Temptation. I will LOVE reading those other books too. I almost forgot how much fun I had in writing those. But then, Perry was in them and he always made a scene fun. Should I have him in book 7? Technically, he’s on his honeymoon, but hey… how can I not have him? Especially with it being Susannah’s book. Something for me to think about.

Do you think it’s cheating when I reread my own books and count them toward my reading goal of the year? I mean, I am READING them. I never did count them when I wrote them (and I read them several times!), so why not count them now?

FYI: I know it says I posted this at 1:40am, but it's 3:40pm where I am now, so I'm not up that late!

Happy Reading!

Stacy

No comments: