Tuesday, September 29, 2026

Finished “The Tuesday Night Survivors' Club” and Crossing the International Date Line

Yesterday or last night we crossed the International Date Line. I was afraid my phone would have a fit, but it turned out that the Carnival App had the fit instead.

I woke up with the time on the app being different than the time on their map channel (which I usually have on all the time) and my phone (which I changed exactly as instructed last night). In fact, the app was indicating it was the wrong day, even. I wasn’t sure what was correct!

But it all worked out around 7am. The app matched my phone and the map channel. Whew! I can’t imagine what mess that would have caused if it wasn’t figured out.

So, we technically missed Sep 29 (went from Sep 28 to Sep 30). But my laptop still shows the time and day from home (EDT), so do I mark the date I finished reading EDT or Vanatu time (which is the time zone we’re in right now)? I think I’ll go with EDT, because that’s what my laptop says. I’m confused enough as it is!

Here’s what I read since my last update:

Book 25

Dates read: September 24-29, 2026
Title: The Tuesday Night Survivors' Club
Year of publication: 2022
Author: Lynn Cahoon
Genre: Mystery
Series: Survivors' Book Club Mystery #1
# of Pages: 203
Paper or plastic: Nook
How obtained: Free from B&N
Blurb from Goodreads: Survivors become sleuths to find a missing member of their book club in new-age Sedona, New Mexico . . .
    Two things got Rarity Jones through her breast cancer treatments: friends and books. Now cancer-free, Rarity is devoting her life to helping others find their way through the maze to healing. She’s opened a bookstore focusing on the power of healing—Eastern medicine, Western medicine, the healing power of food, the power of meditation, and the importance of developing a support community. To that end, she’s also started the Tuesday Night Survivors book club. With its openness to new-age communities, Sedona, Arizona, is the perfect fit for Rarity’s bookstore and the tightly knit group.
    But their therapeutic unity is disrupted when one of their members suddenly goes missing. Martha has always kept to herself, never opening up much of her personal life to the group. Now she’s nowhere to be found. With her car abandoned on a trail and her dog left with a friend, Rarity is sure something terrible has happened—but will she be able to uncover Martha’s secrets before it’s too late?
Recommend: Yes
My thoughts:
I picked this book (when B&N used to offer me a free book each month from a list of 5-6) because I sort of knew the author (I was with Lyrical Press at one time). But I discovered after a few chapters that cozy mystery is not my jam. The book is cute, but I just like a little more danger for my reading pleasure (also a reason why I don’t always read contemporary romance, too). But if you like cozy mystery then give this a try.

I finished the edits on The Alien’s Change of Heart and it is now back with my editor. Yay! Which means I’m free to work on the seventh vampire book. But to help me with some of the details, I’m re-reading Blind Temptation because that’s where Susannah started (since book 7 is hers and Barnet’s story) and I just couldn’t remember the small details. Hey, I don’t mind getting credit for re-reading a book. One that I enjoy soooooo much, too.

Makes me think I write pretty good books when I can go back and just get lost in the world again.

Happy Reading!

Stacy

No comments: