I am tired of getting ready for the next trip. Remind me to NEVER schedule a book signing between two cruises.
Oh wait, that was Hubby who
scheduled the second cruise after I had already committed to the book signing.
Oh well… Maybe if the book signing
had gone better than it did, I wouldn’t care. But it didn’t and I’m just tired.
Anyway, we fly out to San
Francisco tomorrow and plan to visit some National Parks before heading on our
next cruise on the 10th. So today is laundry and packing day.
Yes, I wait until the last minute.
Always have. Always will.
Here’s what I read since my last
update:
Book 21
Dates read: August 16-31, 2026
Title: Chance Hotel
Year of publication: 2022
Author: Christopher Gorham Calvin
Genre: Paranormal
Series: Chance Hotel #1
# of Pages: 364
Paper or plastic: Nook
How obtained: Free from Barnes & Noble
Blurb from Goodreads: Welcome to the Chance Hotel. Checkout time is… never.
Jason Chance is running from a toxic marriage and his failures as a father, clutching a bag full of cash he claims isn’t his own. With a storm bearing down, he thought a free room at an isolated hotel was the lucky break he desperately needed. He was wrong.
Stripped of his car and trapped by an impossible ransom, Jason becomes a prisoner in a building that defies logic. The staff are suspiciously friendly. The elevators seem to have a mind of their own. And somewhere on a hidden thirteenth floor, a monstrous entity waits in the mist. As his exhaustion mounts, Jason’s reality begins to fracture, leaving him to wonder if the horrors around him are real, or just manifestations of his own crumbling mind.
But his fraying sanity is the least of his worries.
Caught in a supernatural labyrinth where his every moral failing is being judged, Jason must make an impossible choice: face the shattered life he left behind, or sacrifice his freedom to become a permanent fixture of the Chance Hotel.
Recommend: Yes
My thoughts: I only recommend it because it is not badly written and it did keep my interest, but the genre? I thought at first maybe horror, but it’s not really that. So paranormal it is. It was an okay book, but I didn’t like it enough to bother getting the rest of the series. I really didn’t care for Jason.
So all this traveling has bogged me down where I haven’t
been able to get back to the edits on The Alien’s Change of Heart. Was
kind of hoping I would be done with it before we left. Looks like I’ll be
working on it during our trip. I really want this ready for my NEXT book
signing. Having a new book out really helps with sales. At least, that’s what I’m
finding out.
Happy Reading!
Stacy

1 comment:
Sorry the book signing didn't go well.
Post a Comment