Sunday, October 4, 2026

Finished “Finding the Perfect Mate” and Finally Touched Land!

This will probably be the last blog post during this cruise since I don’t have any more of my own books to read. Plus, we have four port days in a row (before we fly home on Oct 9), so that also puts a crimp in my reading. But today we finally touched land. We docked in Kobe, Japan.

And what was it doing there? Raining. Lots and lots of rain. Our excursion was up on Mt Rokko for some scenic views. The only views we got were of the clouds. Just our luck, huh? Tomorrow we’ll be in Kochi. We don’t have an excursion, but it is also expected to be raining, so Hubby and I aren’t sure we’ll even get off the ship. Especially if there isn’t a free shuttle into town.

Here’s what I read since my last update:

Book 28

Dates read: October 2-4, 2026
Title: Finding the Perfect Mate
Year of publication: 2020
Author: Stacy McKitrick
Genre: Paranormal romance
Series: Bitten by Love #6
# of Pages: 226
Paper or plastic: Nook
How obtained: I wrote it
Blurb from Goodreads: Finding the Perfect Mate just got way more complicated.
    When Perry pledges abstinence until he meets a Perfect Mate—a rare mortal perfect for a vampire—he doesn’t expect to be tested. Especially by another vampire. But Mandy smells like heaven. Has a sexy British accent. And is the smartest person he’s met. She’s just so … perfect. If he holds on to his fantasy, will he lose his chance at love?
    Finding the perfect vampire was never on her radar.
    Mandy hasn’t seen her father in 500 years but when he goes missing she drops everything and heads for the States, only to discover the Russian vampires kidnapped him. She insists on being involved in his rescue and suggests she and Perry—who’s sexy as sin and makes her laugh—infiltrate as lovers. As they pretend, she realizes he’s just so … perfect. But she’s got a secret that will mean her death. Can she trust him not to turn her over to the authorities or does she keep mum and let him go?
Recommend: Yes (duh)
My thoughts:
I had forgotten the nickname Perry gave Barnet at the end of this book. So it’s probably a good thing I read it if I do bring Perry back from his honeymoon. And I really do miss the guy. He was so much fun to write. I still cracked myself up with some of the lines I gave him. Mainly because I had forgotten I wrote them! He was the best comic relief I ever wrote.

Happy Reading!

Stacy

No comments: