It was a productive weekend, writing-wise. Everything else, well I did get the laundry done and the bills paid…
I think I finally got my query figured out. It feels that way anyway (I’m not obsessing about it anymore – that’s got to be a good sign). I’ll still wait a few days before I go posting it on this site (my obsession MAY change).
I’ve edited the first 25 pages (to death, maybe) of THE UNCOMMON ONE. It’s almost ready for the contest I entered. One more look from my daughter (to make sure I didn’t screw something up transition-wise) and it’s off. I’m kind of tired at looking at those pages and I’m ready to edit the rest of the book.
And this edit will be more difficult than the past. I got some great feedback from a cousin who pointed out some lagging areas (although she enjoyed the book as everyone I’ve had read it has – YEA).
So that’s what I did this weekend, writing-wise. It doesn’t sound like much, but you’d be surprised how much time I spent on that stupid query in the first place! I’ll be glad when I can put it off to the side and forget about it (until it comes time to use it).
I’m hoping by February to have the book ready so I can start sending out said query. That will be one SCARY day!