Thursday, January 7, 2010

Update

I haven't been posting because I've been busy.  Busy at work (for a change), but also busy writing! Yea!

I went to my first writer's group meeting on Tuesday and got some great feedback on the first few pages of my book.  So, that meant re-writing (I realized I actually WASN'T starting my book at the right place).  I have a deadline of Jan 23 to get the first 25 pages really awesome, since I went and entered a contest.  I'm glad I was able to get that feedback - it was badly needed.

So, I've been editing THE UNCOMMON ONE, fixing up the query for it, and what do I go and do?  Write a short story!  I mentioned last time about playing around with John's past, and the next thing I know, it's screaming to be written.  So on Monday, after work & dinner, I sat down and wrote a complete short story at 3500 words.  Once I've had a few friends look at it, I may end up posting it on my website (which is really sort of a work in process) and link to it from here, just in case any of you are interested in reading it.

We have a major snow storm headed our way.  I'm kind of hoping they send us home early.  I want to write some more.  Wish I didn't need the paycheck.

No comments: