Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Last Day

November 30th has finally arrived, and I'm determined to blog – even if it's a blog about nothing!!

I started reading one of my "vacation" books yesterday, thinking I wouldn't finish it before my trip. Ha ha! Joke's on me. If I know me (and I do), that book will be done before I get on the ship, which means it can stay in the car. So….I might just want to pick out another book to take. Oh, decisions, decisions!

My husband has lost 40 lbs. It's a blessing and a gift for me, because I certainly want him to stick around for awhile. Because of this loss, he no longer has to take medicine for his diabetes and if he loses 12 more pounds, will most likely be taken off his blood pressure medicine. But can all that weight loss work other miracles? After my daughter made a remark about him in a tone that usually does not get a response from him, he responded this time. I asked him if he lost weight in his ears. My daughter laughed – saying she was thinking the same thing. Or could it be his weight loss improved his selective hearing? Curious minds want to know!

Yesterday's weather was sucky. Started with rain, rain, and more rain. Then I drove home. The rain turned into snow. The grass turned white. So did the deck. Snow is pretty, but it's cold. I'm not ready for cold. Two more days to warmer weather!

Yay! I did it. I'll have to try this daily blogging thing again some other month, but not any time soon. I think I need to reload my brain. But I'll be here tomorrow. Tomorrow is special.

6 comments:

DL Hammons said...

Oh Gosh! Don't let that get out. SIGNIFICANT WEIGHT LOSS IMPROVES HEARING! My wife will put me on a diet tomorrow!!

Enjoy your vacation!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Thanks for the laugh, DL. Maybe that's what I should have titled this blog! :) I probably could have gotten tons of hits!

The Happy Whisk said...

Wonderful about Hubby. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. Enjoy being on holiday.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Thanks, Whisk. I think it's wonderful, too. Now I just have to make sure he doesn't weigh less than me!

Unknown said...

Bahahaha I'm still in giggles with what DL said! He cracks me up!!!

What a wonderful blog you have! I'll definitely be sticking around for more!

YA Tournament of Heroines: Hermione is my Heroine... Care to join?

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jen - DL is a cut-up isn't he?
Thanks for the compliment. I do my best!