Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Wednesday Reads and Dragon*Con!

BITE ME is no longer in my hands. I have sent it out and now I must wait. At least I have something fun to do while I’m waiting. Because…

I’m on my way to Dragon*Con. Whoopee!!

You don’t know how happy I am to be able to go to this convention knowing I finished my project. It’s like a real vacation now!! And since my daughter is doing all the driving, I might just get some extra reading done. Didn’t get much last week, that’s for sure. Here’s what I finished reading this week:

Aug 25: “Blood Entangled” by Amber Belldene. This is a paranormal romance, the second in a series. Blurb from Goodreads: Kos Mara’s orderly life is in shambles—he must distribute Blood Vine to a population of ailing vampires, but Hunters block him at every turn. To make matters worse, each night he watches over a temptingly beautiful woman sleeping in his bed. He is convinced love cannot last a vampire-long lifetime and an entanglement will only cause them grief, but he doesn’t have the heart to send her away. From a long line of blood servants, Lena Isaakson is destined to serve a vampire, but a string of humiliating rejections thwarts her pleasure. When Kos shows her kindness, she hopes he will claim her. Instead he proves himself a coward in the face of love and sends her to serve another. Will the dark seduction of a rakish new vampire finally bring Lena the pleasure she desires or deliver her into the hands of Hunters who want to destroy everything the Maras family has worked for? This is one hot and sexy book and I’m really enjoying this series. It does include men on men and girl on girl action, so if that’s not your “cup of tea,” you might want to steer clear. I found it done tastefully, though and didn’t have a problem with it (but then I tend to enjoy erotica, also!). I gave this book 5 stars on Goodreads.

Internet will be spotty for me (I hope to connect at least once a day while in Atlanta, since I refuse to pay for the connection in the room). And I always have intentions of blogging on Friday and Monday while there, but I won’t promise anything. At least you’ll know WHY.

I won’t leave you with a question because I won’t be able to chat as usual. But hey, comments are always welcome, just don’t expect a response any time soon. Haha!

Happy reading!


Stacy

 

5 comments:

JeffO said...

Congratulations and have a great time!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jeff - That's the plan! :) So far, so good. Of course, nothing's happening yet... Haha!

The Happy Whisk said...

How grand. Go you for all your hard work. I know I've told you this before, but I really do enjoy reading about your journey.

Cheers and boogie boogie.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Thanks, Ivy. That's sweet of you to say. Boogie boogie back atcha!

Jen B said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend! Hope you have a great time.

I don't travel often, but hate when hotels charge for wifi. It's such a bummer!