Monday, June 20, 2016

Life is in a Lull For Now

After the last couple of weeks, the calendar seems strangely empty this week. No appointments. No conventions. No concerts. No hockey. L

Okay, it’s not completely empty. We have some Dragons games to go to, but not until Friday and Saturday. I consider that the weekend. J

And if the weather cooperates, I’ll even see less of hubby this week. He likes to walk after work. 10 miles. About 3 hours. I’m lucky to have DINNER with him on those days (I don’t know about you, but I don’t like to eat dinner after 8:30 pm).

So not only will I have all the days to myself, I’ll spend a good portion of the evenings alone, too. You’d think I’d get my revisions done in no time at all, wouldn’t you? I wish it worked out that way, but my brain can only do so much before it starts scanning.

I sometimes hate my brain. I must train it to be better. Any suggestions?

I guess I better just enjoy this lull while I have it, though. Next thing I know I’ll be busy again. Up and down. Up and down. Life is a roller coaster.

My headache has gone (yay!), but my cold is still lingering (as colds are wont to do). I’m hoping it won’t keep me from walking in the morning. As long as I can breathe through my nose I should be good. Doubt I’ll go to the fitness center, though.

They kind of frown at you when you cough all over the equipment.

Hey, did you notice? I haven’t complained about Big Red since the mother board was replaced. Oh sure, it does some funky stuff (like I’ll be typing away and suddenly nothing is showing because somehow I’ve deselected the page – it does that a lot), but it’s not crashing on me anymore. Whew! I’m almost to the point where I can actually count on the thing working. Almost. I’ll give it another month or so before I have complete confidence in it.

Especially if it stops deselecting the pages I’m currently using. Ugh! Does your computer do that? Is it maybe a Windows 10 thing? It’s very distracting.

So… Did you have an enjoyable Father’s Day? The kids came over. We went out to dinner (ate too much) and then later played Phase 10. That was fun.

Have a great Monday!

Stacy

9 comments:

Maria Zannini said...

Your hubby walks for 10 miles? Wow!

A lull is good after all the drama you've suffered.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Maria - Hubby is a nut. I don't think I could ever walk that much. Mostly because I don't want to walk that LONG! 90 minutes is about tops for me.

Jennette Marie Powell said...

I have Windows 10, and have not noticed your weird page deselecting thing. Might be the version of Word you're using (I have 2010 for that).

UGH on the cold - hope you're better soon!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jennette - It's not just Word that it happens. I get it on AOL and IE, too. I refuse to use Edge because my blog vibrates on that instance--really strange and hard on the eyes!! If computers weren't so necessary in my line of work, I'd never use one. Heck, I didn't even own (or want) a laptop until I started writing.

dolorah said...

sometimes a lull is a good thing :)

JeffO said...

Agree with Dolorah--take a moment or two to breathe. Ten miles: I'm impressed!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Donna - I tend to get lazy during lulls, though. Like I need an excuse! :)

Jeff - Breathing is getting easier since my cold seems to be leaving. Yay!

Sandra Cox said...

How often does he walk 10 miles? Daily?
We walked 4.5 the other night and were whipped.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Sandra - He tries to walk 10 miles daily, but sometimes rain or other events will keep him from doing that. I can walk 5 miles, but that's about it. My feet protest if I try any farther. :)