Monday, February 27, 2017

I Froze, But I Had Fun!

On Friday, the high reached 76 in Dayton. Woke up Saturday to 30 degree temps (and a bit of snow). Drove to Pittsburgh and arrived around 1pm. Temps were better, in the 50s, but windy. Really windy.

And as the day went on, the clouds increased and the temps fell. Fell so much that the clouds started spitting snow.

So here I was afraid of getting rained on during the Stadium Series hockey game. Didn’t even think I might get snowed on! It was a brutal night, but I had a fun time because I got to spend the day with my daughter. Bonus: the Penguins won!

Here are some pictures of our day:

Here is Daughter and I at the Stanley Cup.
Yep, I touched it!

A trailer was on site containing items from the Hockey Hall of  Fame.
We got our picture taken in this "locker room."
 
This picture was taken from our seats. Right above that (out of the
picture) was a TV screen, so we were able to watch the
game when the puck was down on the other end.

Daughter and I cuddling against the cold.
Overall I had a great time. But would I do it again? Nope. I think once was enough. Frankly, I thought the stadium was just too big for the ice rink. It was very hard to watch the game. But I did love the energy in the stadium. Especially when the Penguins scored (plus we got to chant the Flyers sucked--hee hee).
 
So… Have you done anything you wanted to do but swear you’ll never do again?

Happy Monday!

Stacy

12 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Awesome! Double bonus that you had snow and they won. My wife's asked if I'd ever want to go and I have a feeling once would be enough for me as well.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Alex - Yeah, I can say I did it. That's good enough for me. Next Sunday I get to watch the Penguins play INDOORS in Pittsburgh. I will enjoy that much better!

Tanja said...

That looked like fun. Ohioans find the best ways to abuse the winter.

Maria Zannini said...

The weather jumps have been insane. We had one night below 32 degrees. One night for the whole winter.

You do like to rough it for your team. :)

Stacy McKitrick said...

Tanja - Pittsburgh is pretty good at abusing it, too! :)

Maria - That was just a little TOO rough. But at least I can say I did it now. :)

JeffO said...

You are quite fortunate--up here (central New York), the cold front hit us around 3 p.m., unleashing an hour of hellacious downpour, which included some lightning and thunder, hail, and then, around 6 p.m., snow. It had been close to 70 on Thursday and Friday. Back to thirties today.

Glad you had a good time at the game. I got to touch the Stanley Cup once, too--awesome!

Valerie Capps said...

It looks like a fun time was had by all, but I'm glad it was you and not me! I was warm and toasty in front of my TV set with my computer on my lap.
valeriecapps.com

dolorah said...

With my traveling job, I've had days I started in 2 degrees and ended in 70 or 80. My sinuses never know what they are to do.

Glad you had fun though :)

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jeff - We had that thunderstorm in Dayton on Friday. Luckily it had passed through Pittsburgh before we arrived. Okay, maybe not so luckily. Would have preferred it passed Pittsburgh on SUNDAY. :)

Valerie - Yeah, no more stadium games for me. Well, at least, not for hockey. Football is another matter. :)

Donna - I apparently don't have to travel for that kind of change. It was 76 Friday evening and snowing Saturday morning and I never left home!

The Happy Whisk said...

I can understand not doing it again, but having been glad that you did.

Cool beans.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Ivy - I thought of you when I realized we parked on the 4th floor of the garage (at the game) and our room was on the 4th floor of the hotel. :)

The Happy Whisk said...

Oh my gosh, I love those fours!!!!!