Monday, October 9, 2017

When You Can’t Sleep…

Got so busy last night uploading My Sunny Vampire to KDP, Nook, and Smashwords, that I never got around to writing up a post for this morning. Then I woke up at 3am.

No, the blog wasn’t calling me. My book was. Hubby had mentioned on Friday (yes, Friday!) that the italics hadn’t come across when he was formatting it for print. I never bothered to check the e-book.

Until 3am this morning.

Yep, no italics anywhere. Ugh!

Smashwords thankfully had already denied the book (the epub failed something), and it appears I might have been able to stop publishing it on Nook, but I can’t pull the book from KDB until it finishes processing.

What a mess. I just want to cry.

Wait, I might have done a little of that already. *sniff, sniff*

Now that I know what kept me up and I’ve done all I can do at this time, I still can’t sleep. So why not write?

I have to say, it doesn’t hurt to sleep. I’m so bound up by this bra the hospital gave me that I can sleep on my side without any pain. And I’m not taking any pain medication, either (and I hope I won’t have to—hate taking that stuff). Of course, it’s not helping that the area is starting to itch.

I know that’s a good sign that it’s healing, but man, it’s driving me nuts!

Football yesterday was pretty nasty. Don’t know what team showed up against the Jaguars, but it sure wasn’t the Steelers I know. And I had hoped the Rams could have pulled out a win against the Seahawks, but it wasn’t meant to be, I guess. L

Looking forward to being able to actually WATCH my first hockey game this season. I think the Pens are on NBC Sports on Wednesday. I might even check out the Vegas Golden Knights this week (they’re on late one day). I’ve become a fan of that team because of Fleury (I love that goalie!).

So… When you can’t sleep, what do you do? Toss and turn? Or go to another room and read or something? I might try the reading part next. I refuse to toss and turn.

Happy Monday!

Stacy

9 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Sorry about the mess with your book. I guess you can never check it too many times.
Five picks. Really, Ben?

Stacy McKitrick said...

Alex - That game was embarrassing. Glad there weren't any Jaguar fans at B-dubs, because that's where we had to go to watch it! Ugh.

JeffO said...

I'm a (very) casual football follower with a long term interst in the Steelers. Seems like blowing winnable games against mediocre (or bad) opponents is a hallmark of the Tomlin/Roethlisberger era (not knocking them, really, just calling it how I see it). And is it my imagination, or are they having a problem with their run defense?

If I can't sleep--really, really can't sleep--I'll end up getting up and doing something. Reading, TV, writing if I can get my head into it. Fortunately, I haven't had real sleep woes for a while. Hope that itching goes away fast!

Tanja said...

Yes, yesterday was a most pathetic performance by the Steelers. Ugly. We have trained an entire offense to go down the field and no matter how close, they settle up for the field goal -- cause it's points on the board. No other team does that. Not even the Brownies. Thank God, the Packers gave me an exciting game to watch.

No one can sleep through itch-mania. Call doc and ask if there's something that will help with that.

READING in bed on a Kindle Paperwhite w/ light is my best recommend when you can't sleep: 1. All other lights are left off. 2. If you fall asleep, it has a delay turn off. 3.You stay laying down w/ body in bed.

Sorry to hear about the book mishaps, but didn't I warn you in last blog not to jump up too fast? I know, I was slow getting that advice to you. Sorry.

Maria Zannini said...

If I can't sleep, I get up and do something. My subconscious wouldn't let me rest anyway.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jeff - With the Steelers playing as bad as they have, I don't have the stress of expectations of them going all the way. I can be pleasantly surprised if they do. :)

Tanja - Luckily, it doesn't itch so much while I'm in bed. But when I'm up and around... And I doubt I EVER read in bed. It just isn't comfortable. Bed is for sleeping. Period.

Maria - I'm learning to now get up and do stuff than just lay there and hope sleep comes, because it usually doesn't, not if I have something running through my head.


The Happy Whisk said...

I usually get up an clean or get up and watch something or I read in bed. But I'm not a big toss 'n turner.

Here's to you healing.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Ivy - I can't imagine I'd ever get up and clean. Hahahahahaha! :)

The Happy Whisk said...

Hahahahahahaha. I dunno why, but you made me laugh out loud. It's like, I could hear you saying it.