Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Mail

When I was younger (I could say “a kid”, but I was 13 and wouldn’t have liked to be called that THEN), I anxiously awaited each day for the mail. I loved getting mail. I had several pen pals and I would usually get something from someone. I got so much mail, I was friends with the mail man. His name was Don (and later on I would say hi to him on my letters to my parents – written on the front of the envelope so he could see).

Now, this was before e-mails and texting and blogs. I think I would have loved blogging back then! Texting, too! And Facebook!

I loved writing letters, but I loved receiving them more.

I haven’t changed.

I look to see if anyone commented on my blog. I look to see if anyone sent me a message on Facebook. And now I anxiously check my e-mail – several times a day – to see if I’ve heard back from an agent. It’s ridiculous the amount of times in a day I’ve gone and checked. I’ve read about others who have done that and I thought – not me. I wouldn’t do that. HA!

So beware – those of you who have yet to send out queries. Your obsession with e-mail will come! I think it’s a rite of passage.

1 comment:

DL Hammons said...

Just me...commenting on your blog...not an agent responding to your query. Sorry! :)