Wednesday, September 8, 2010

It's Done!

I can't believe I actually FINISHED my second novel.  It is such a wonderful experience (and a little sad, too - didn't expect that!).

Now, what to do next?  Should I take a break or start on the next one right away?  For those of you who have done this before, what did you do? 

When I finished my first book, I tried to stay away before editing it, but I couldn't.  I ended up reading the story too many times (although to be fair, I'm still not tired of reading it, so that's a good thing, isn't it?).  I don't want to do that with this one.  I'm FIRMLY putting it away for at least a month.

I think I might want a small break.  Probably until the weekend comes (my favorite time to write).  Then I'll start on book #3.

But today is such a wonderful day.  I finished SARAH'S TURN.  Life is good!

2 comments:

Anne Gallagher said...

Okay, this is the third time I've tried to say congratulations. Blogger was a very bad boy.

I think you deserve a break. Do something fun, eat something good, buy something pretty.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Thanks for commenting PW. I have taken a little break, but I want to get back into another book. Maybe I'm just sick that way.