Monday, June 9, 2014

Fun at RAGT


Look at me! Surrounded by books. Too bad they’re not all mine. J

The book signing at Lori Foster’s Reader Author Get Together (RAGT) went fairly well. I sold 4 books. Yeah, two of them went to my friend (who accompanied me), but a sale is a sale, right?

I don’t know how the blog thing went (if it was live or recorded or what), but I thought I did fairly well. My friend was sitting in the session and SAID I did, so I can only go by that. I do know I was FREEZING! The air was set to 65 and was blowing on me. And add that to the fact I was just a bit nervous (okay, maybe a lot), I couldn’t stop shivering.

But overall, I had a fun time at the convention. Met lots of friends and made some new ones, too. And my friend absolutely LOVED it. Now she’s interested in going to RT next year (which is in Dallas). If she decides she wants to go, I said I would go with her.

I think I hooked her on reader conventions. J Am I a good friend or what? Okay, don’t answer that!

Have you ever hooked anyone on anything?

Here’s to a happy and productive Monday! Think you can swing that?

Stacy

 

9 comments:

JeffO said...

I'm glad you and your friend had a good time, and four books is four books, no matter who buys them!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jeff - Four books was great. Now I only need to sell one more of these paperbacks to have made a profit (a little one, but better than being in the hole). Got another event coming up this month, maybe I'll have luck then.

Jennette Marie Powell said...

Looks like you had fun at the con! And congrats on selling some books. Any sale is a good sale!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jennette - I did have fun. Probably because my friend was, too.

Unknown said...

Sounds fun! Congrats :)

New follower :)

Stacy McKitrick said...

Hi Wendy! Thanks for following. Hope you like it here. :)

Bonnie said...

Stacy,
It looks like you had a lot of fun. Too bad it was so cold.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Bonnie - Just that room was cold, but I also have a cold, so I was doubly glad I took a cough drop before the blog thingy! I could just see me hacking away on camera! Ugh!

To everyone: I should be getting a link to the blog sometime soon. I'll share it then. Apparently, they had issues with the hotel and couldn't show the live feed, so you wouldn't have been able to see anything even if you clicked on the site I gave you Friday. Oh well...

The Happy Whisk said...

Sorry you were cold and nervous but super glad you had fun, overall.