Monday, May 16, 2016

A Vampire Wedding is Available!

I approved the publication for A Vampire Wedding on Saturday. I would have done a pre-order if I could have done that with Barnes & Noble, but I couldn’t, so I just went with “publish now.” The purpose of a pre-order makes it so it looks like I sold a lot on release day, which I guess generates some kind of buzz somewhere. I can’t imagine I generate any kind of buzz. Yet. Someday I will, though. You just wait and see!

Once A Vampire Wedding shows up for sale in the important places (B&N, iBooks, Kobo—it’s already on Amazon HERE), I’ll send out a newsletter (and post the buy links on the page and along the sidebar).

Oh, and I plan on celebrating by giving away a bag of books to newsletter subscribers ONLY, so if you want a chance at that (and you live in the good old U.S. of A.), you better subscribe now (HERE), because I expect to be sending out the next newsletter SOON. Like, hopefully, tomorrow SOON.

Next up, getting the paperback ready in time for RAGT, which is less than 4 weeks away!!!! I hope I make it. I really want copies available for sale so it doesn’t look like I don't have something new. Because I do. I doooo!!!

Hubby and I made it to the Dragons game on Friday. Turned out to be a nice evening. And the Dragons won, which is pretty rare this year. They’re the only team that HASN’T won in the double-digits yet. Ugh. We were supposed to attend Saturday’s game, too, but the weather had gotten way too cold and windy (wind chill was 36 degrees). I’m okay with cold weather during football games; it’s kind of expected. But for baseball? No thanks. Plus, Hubby just wasn’t up to that. Heck, neither was I!

Tonight is game two of the NHL Eastern Division finals of the Stanley Cup playoffs between the Pittsburgh Penguins and the Tampa Bay Lightning. I wasn’t able to watch all of game one on Friday (only the last period), and I guess it was just as well (the Penguins stunk!). I expect a better game tonight! Let’s go Pens!!

So… Have you ever made plans, wrote said plans DOWN (on paper, even), and then completely forget? I did that yesterday. Planned on fixing dinner in the crockpot. Put note on kitchen counter, with some of the ingredients, to remind me. Did I remember? Hell, no. That would require going INTO the kitchen. D’oh!

Have a great Monday! I’m eating pizza tonight. I’ll cook tomorrow. I hope. J

Stacy

5 comments:

JeffO said...

I do that all the time--sometimes even when I have a note in hand!

Weather turned over the weekend here, too. Had a snow squall yesterday afternoon and a freeze warning for this morning. Not fun.

Congratulations on the release of A Vampire Wedding! Happy Sales!

Maria Zannini said...

Congrats on the new release!

re: note
Yup. Been there, done that. Mostly I think it was my subconscious saying I don't want to cook. :)

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jeff - No snow here (thank GOD), but there was frost in places. Ugh.

Maria - The thing is, I wanted that meal for dinner! I'll just have to set a timer on Tuesday to remind me to get it started. :)

Jennette Marie Powell said...

Congrats on the release!!

I do the same thing with paper notes. They're not very helpful when you forget the note, huh? :D

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jennette - I can't imagine leaving an electronic note. I might find it in a month. Or a year! :)