Monday, May 2, 2016

Would Have Been Cruising

Nassau, Bahamas
(currently the wallpaper on Big Red, guess I'm into
that whole torture thing!)
Last year (in April) we booked a cruise to the Dominican Republic for this week. In March we had to cancel it. Hubby actually debated whether or not he should. Doctor told him it wasn’t advisable to go, especially since we didn’t know which route of treatment he would choose. It wasn’t until he called Carnival and found out it was the last day we could cancel and get most of our money back that he took it as a sign and cancelled.

Now that Hubby is in the clear, he could have gone on that cruise. And if not for that refund, he would have (since it was paid for). But I’m kind of glad we were able to cancel it because there’s no way he would have enjoyed himself. And I would have only had fun if he did, too.

Still, I’m missing not going right now. Weather is pretty dreary here and I want some warm and sunny and beaches. It’s hard to let go when you’ve been looking forward to something for so long, you know? Oh well, it’s not like we don’t have another cruise in the fall. It’s not as long and it’s going places we’ve been before (like Nassau), but it’s a cruise, which is the important part. I just wish I didn’t have to wait six more months!

I’m soooooo addicted to cruising. The withdrawals are brutal. Can’t you tell?

One good thing about having to cancel this week’s cruise: Hubby and I can take our time driving out to Denver for RomCon (romantic book convention) and do a little sight-seeing on the way. He’ll have the vacation time to do it now.

Gotta look at the positives!

Penguins beat the Capitals on Saturday (yay!), tying up the series, and they play again tonight. So far Round 2 of the Stanley Cup Playoffs is a nail biter and we’re only two games into it. Sure would be nice if the Penguins just took the next three games. Nice on my heart! J

So… What boring things are you doing this week? I want boring, because I don’t want to feel alone in being bored. Okay, maybe I’m not totally bored (I do have revisions to work on and there’s hockey), but it’s certainly not as exciting as being on a cruise (and I would have done the revisions on the ship with all that fresh, warm air…*sigh*).

Stacy

7 comments:

JeffO said...

Even if you had known your husband was medically cleared to go, he might be better off staying home this time around. It's possible that all that stuff with the surgery and worrying over what he could and could not do, eat, etc., might have gotten in the way, you know?

Caps-Pens: I'm torn. I really don't like Crosby, so I don't want the Pens to win. I really can't stand Holtby, so I don't want the Caps to win. Part of me wants to see the Caps win the Cup just so people can shut up about Ovechkin not being an all-around great player.

Later this week we're picking up the Magpie from college for the last time. That's our excitement. Have a good week!

Maria Zannini said...

There will be other cruises.

Even if he was fit to go, better to give him time to recover fully.


I've been suffering with a hellish sinus headache from all these storm fronts we've had. Miserable, but better than I was over the weekend.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jeff - Problem is, if we hadn't cancelled that cruise, Hubby would have told me he was fine to go and then faked it. Because that's what he does when he wants me to have a good time. Sometimes I have to smack him for that!

Maria - Headaches are the worst, aren't they? Hope yours have gone away. And that the storms didn't affect you any. We've had rain up here, but nothing like down there.

Jennette Marie Powell said...

Headaches here too. And revisions. So you're not alone in your boredom! At least you have another cruise to look forward to--and your trip to Denver!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jennette - Yep, have several trips coming up. Just have to wait until fall. Not ready to zip through spring and summer to get to them, though. :)

The Happy Whisk said...

Sorry you had the cancel. I've never been so I don't know that feeling of missing out.

This week, and last, it's been all about making our home more simple. Just donated more boxes today to Second Chance, where the proceeds go toward the pound and vet's office. The prices at both are super duper low.

Anyway, Happy Weekend :-)

Stacy McKitrick said...

Ivy - One of these days we're going to have to make our home simple, too. I'm just too lazy to think about it now, though. Haha!! :D