Monday, September 18, 2017

Busy Weekend!

How was your weekend?

Mine was pretty nice. I attended the Central Ohio Fiction Writers (RWA chapter) meeting on Saturday in Columbus. The two speakers were very informative and I left feeling a little smarter and more prepared for my next round of writing. That’s always good right? Next month (Oct 21) the chapter is having a writer workshop featuring Larry Brooks. If it weren't for the fact I'll be in California that weekend, I'd be going. I always enjoy learning more about the craft of writing.

If this is something you might be interested in, you can see all the details here: http://www.cofwevents.org/workshop. You don't have to be a member of COFW to attend (price is $55 for members and $75 for non members) and you don't have to write romance either.

I also finished fixing the edits on Ghostly Interlude on Saturday. Today I will read the book (or at least start reading—doubt I finish it in one day) and make sure my “fixes” didn’t break something else! That’s been known to happen.

Saturday night, I handed over Ghostly Liaison to Hubby (or I should say, his business, Enterprise Book Services) for formatting and I’ve chosen a Sep 27th release date for the paperback, meaning the e-book will be out before that. Yay! Can’t wait to get it back out there.

Other than that, I watched a lot of Football. Friday night the Wayne Warriors (HS) beat Miamsburg, 56-28 (it was tied 21-21 at the half). Always like seeing OSU and USC win on Saturday (I actually stayed up until 1am watching USC beat Texas in double overtime!). And we were able to enjoy watching the Steelers beat the Vikings on Sunday from the comfort of our family room. Only disappointing loss: the Rams. Guess it was too much to ask for a perfect football weekend, huh?

I finally got off my duff and went walking this morning. 3 miles. Not too shabby since my last actual walk was on 8/21. Hopefully I can keep it up. I need to get back into shape. It’s been too long since I’ve been to the fitness center.

So… Do you like walking? When’s the best time for you? I like the mornings best. Air seems cleaner then. Well… except when I run into the smell of skunk, which I did today. Turned around quickly then. Don’t want to find out if it’s dead or alive!

Happy Monday!!

Stacy

10 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Another release soon!
My wife and I walk every night, plus I run five miles a day. Both great exercise. Keep up the walking!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Alex - I'd love to walk with my husband, but he just walks too far for me. 8+ miles a shot. My feet couldn't take that much walking at a time.

JeffO said...

I like to walk, need to do it more. My office is in a nice location with lots of open space and a lake; I should walk it every day but don't do it near as often as I'd like. No excuse. Congrats on your progress!

Maria Zannini said...

I wish I could get my hubby to walk. He says his knees hurt too much, but obviously not enough to have surgery yet.

It's coming. He can't keep popping pills forever. Eventually they'll stop working.

I don't like jogging, but I do love to walk in the woods and notice the world around me--except for skunks. :) If I smell skunk I backtrack very, very quickly.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jeff - We all should walk more! But then it snows... Ugh.

Maria - Those skunks are scary, aren't they? I don't mess with 'em!

Nick Wilford said...

Congrats on the impending release! Sounds like your chapter has some pretty great meetings.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Nick - They have great meetings. If we can only entice more people to join!! :)

Jennette Marie Powell said...

Gratz on the upcoming release!

Walking is my favorite form of exercise. Unless it's raining or really cold, I walk my dogs almost every evening. One of them caught and killed a skunk a couple months ago - UGH! Not while we were out walking, though, but in the back yard. Pretty bad when the rental house that had a fire smelled better than our house!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jennette - Ewwwww!!! Glad my dogs never did that.

Sandra Cox said...

I'm with you, Stacy, I love writer workshops and haven't been to one in a long time.
Woo Hoo on the three miles!