Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Wednesday Reads...Isn't

My reading has slowed down. Again. So I don’t have any book to report this week. Wish I could blame it on my writing, but I can’t.

Speaking of writing… For you writers out there, when you’re going over the book you got back from your editor, do you find yourself unable to go any farther when you reach a comment on a line or sentence that makes you wonder how to fix it? Apparently, I do.

Luckily, I have a daughter who can give me a second opinion, or at least some guidance. Unluckily, she’s not always available, so I have to wait for her response.

Thus, my editing has been a slooooow process.

You’d think with all that waiting I’d have more read. Uhhh… nope.

I’m such a slacker.

Happy Reading!

Stacy

6 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Sorry you've not had reading time.
I hit something like that, I just skip it and come back later. Often it just takes my brain a while to mull it over and find a solution.

JeffO said...

It's not slacking, it's brain overload. I've got a pretty good case of that myself right now.

B.E. Sanderson said...

Yep. I hit those and I walk away. I find something else to do for a little while, then I come back to it. It does slow things down, but I don't think there's any help for it. :hugs:

Stacy McKitrick said...

Alex - Either my brain is mulling it over, or it's just flat-out avoiding it. I don't know. I do know once I get it fixed, I'm good to go until the next fixer-upper. :)

Jeff - Brain overload, huh? Yeah, that could be it, too.

B.E. - I find something else to do. It's just not reading a book. Haha!

Jennette Marie Powell said...

Yep, I get stuck in the same way you do. Sometimes I can skip it and come back, but usually I need to figure out a fix first, as it will affect what comes after. That's when I just walk away for a while...

Good luck with yours!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jennette - Thanks! I'm getting there. :)