Wednesday, September 27, 2017

No Wednesday Reads, But I Have Some Pictures

I didn’t post anything on Monday because I was a little busy on Sunday. You see… My son got married!!

And I haven’t finished the book I was sure I’d have read by now, so no books to report. Which means I can post what I was going to post on Monday, but got too busy doing other crap.

Because apparently crap is taking over my life!

But Sunday was a great day. The wedding was fun. The ceremony started with a little bit of Princess Bride. They sealed it with a kiss while the Mario Cart (game) winning tone played (have to know the game to get that). And they walked up the aisle as husband and wife to Men in Tights.

Yep. Lots of fun. Here are a few pictures I took.

They were married at an old theatre, which was renovated to hold the wedding ceremony and reception. So they got to dress up the marquee.

I've only watched Princess Bride once (don't shoot me!!), but I'm guessing this is also in reference to that film. If not, someone please enlighten me.

My son loves monkeys. When he was told to design his groom "cake" he said he wanted a cookie instead and that he would have a monkey bridal couple on the top. This big cookie is actually six cookies (3 different sizes), with icing in between the layers.
 
Here's a close up shot of the topper. My son had this specially made. I think it turned out so cute!

The wedding cake was pretty. And yummy.

But the topper was super funny! If you can't read it, it says "Mutual Weirdness Forever."

Hopefully if you enlarge this you can read it better. It's quite funny!

This is the back side.

My one good shot of the wedding party. My daughter (on the far right) was one of the groomsmen. And Ashley's daughter (now my granddaughter!) is on the far left.

And here are the newlyweds cutting the cake.

I'm sure I'll get better pictures later (there were two photographers roaming about). This was about all I got that came in clear! It was a fun day for sure and I'm so happy for them.

No honeymoon for them yet, though. That'll happen in February (due to work schedules). And they're going to Hawaii!!


I was kind of hoping I’d get back to writing my next book by now, but it hasn’t happened. Yet. Soon, though. Soon. I can FEEL it!

Happy Reading!

Stacy

9 comments:

JeffO said...

Congratulations! What a fun time that must have been. The Princess Bride is good fun (and I think it just had its 30th anniversary, so an appropriate time for the bride and groom to play on that theme). Glad you had a good time!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

What a great wedding! Dig his cake and the topping on the other.
Prepare for the fight scene is from Robin Hood: Men in Tights. (Another film with Cary Elwes.)
And you really need to watch the Princess Bride a hundred times like the rest of us. How on earth are you going to memorize every line otherwise?

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jeff - Not sure how many people GOT the Princess Bride theme, which wasn't really the theme. They kind of chose lots of movie references and, being in a theatre, they were appropriate!

Alex - I think Robin Hood: Men in Tights is one of my son's favorite movies, so I wasn't surprised to hear that music as they walked down the aisle together! But watch Princess Bride a hundred times? I don't think so.

Janie Mason said...

Looks like it was a lot of fun! You're allowed time off for that. Congratulations, new grandma!

Jennette Marie Powell said...

Congrats to the newlyweds! That wedding looks like tons of fun, and the program was hilarious! I especially love "groomspeople." :D

Stacy McKitrick said...

Janie - It was a lot of fun.

Jennette - Did you notice the small print under the list of groomspeople? It says "A moose bit my sister." Some line from a movie. There's lots of movie references on that thing.

Maria Zannini said...

I have a feeling your son and new daughter in law would fit right in at my house. That's just the way we think.

Brilliant idea for a wedding.

The Happy Whisk said...

I can totally see that your son got his funnies from you. What a great time. Love the monkeys and the entire thing. Also, I've never seen Princess Bride, so you've got me beat! Happy Weekend.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Maria - It was unique, not that I've been to a lot of weddings. My son just wanted something memorable and fun.

Ivy - Don't if he get his funnies from me or Hubby. Maybe a little of both. :)