Wednesday, January 24, 2018

No Wednesday Reads and Vertigo is a Bitch

When you read a 700-page book and are lucky to get 300 pages read in a week, don’t expect to get it finished in a week! Good news, I’m past page 350. Bad news, I have nothing to report this week, because…700 pages!

At least they’re a GOOD 700 pages. So far, anyway. Although, I don’t know if I’d have read this far if they weren’t.

I’m also behind in the final reading of Ghostly Interlude. Well, not the final-final reading. I’m sure I’ll have another one once it’s formatted. This is the final reading before it gets to the formatter. It might not have helped that I came down with a roaring case of vertigo on Monday night.

Wish I knew where THAT came from. Needless to say, Tuesday was a little…tough. I was basically afraid to move my head. I did get some reading done on Ghostly Interlude, but not near as much as I wanted. Because when the world around you spins, you just want it to stop spinning.

I do have a wellness doctor appointment coming up next week, so I’ll make sure to mention it. Hopefully it’ll just be that one time. I don’t want to go through that again. Vertigo is a bitch!

I think our internet woes are finally fixed. Third time might have actually been a charm. But I’ll hold off on the celebration until at least a week has gone by.

Hey, but we did get some good news through all the visits from Spectrum. Seems we can take our current plan with us to the new house. Spectrum doesn’t actually sell the Signature Home that Time Warner sold us, but will continue to support it since we’re grandfathered in. I was afraid we’d have to change when we moved. Glad to know we don’t have to if we don’t want to.

And even better, the last tech that came by noticed Hubby’s dismantled fish tanks. Hubby told him he could have them if he wanted (for free—he doesn’t want them and we weren’t going to take them to the new house). The kid (yes, he was younger than my kids) was thrilled. So are we. Means we don’t have to haul them out to the trash!

So… Have you ever had vertigo? I had it once before, many years ago (when I was working as a cost accountant). Doctor told me it wasn’t anything serious, so that’s what I’m going with this time. Except this time was way worse than last. I swear, I thought someone had slipped me a micky during dinner. Made me nauseous. And I hate feeling sick like that. Blech.

Happy Reading!

Stacy

9 comments:

JeffO said...

I usually only get it if I'm sick, but every once in a great while I get a brief head spin for no reason that I can think of (not like when you get up or anything). It only happened once while I was driving, and that was on a road in a park where there were no pedestrians and the speed limit was about 15!

700 pages? Reading Stephen King??

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Sorry about the vertigo. I get it sometimes. It's why I don't ride roller coasters and such.
Good news with Spectrum. We're so grandfathered in with Direct TV, we've had it since it was PrimeStar!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jeff - Not Stephen King (not yet, anyway). Laurell K. Hamilton. Her Anita Blake series keeps getting bigger and bigger and bigger!

Alex - I love roller coasters, and they never bothered me. I was just sitting at dinner when it hit. Last time I had bent over when it triggered. Very strange. At least it hasn't come back. Yet. :)

Maria Zannini said...

I've had Labyrinthitis in which vertigo is a symptom. Basically, I had an ear infection that affected my equilibrium. Since yours only lasted one day it probably wasn't due to an infection.

In my long road to figure out what it was on my own, I found this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8ucpWIIC3g It's been extremely successful and many doctors recommend this now.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Maria - Cool video. I'll keep that in mind if it happens again, although I wasn't laying down when it happened so I have no idea which ear triggered it.

Jennette Marie Powell said...

Once in a while I get a brief bout of vertigo, but it's usually just for a minute. But one time it lasted all day! My dad said it sounded like the same type he has problems with - Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo. Meaning it's worse with motion. I was so glad when it was gone the next morning - hope yours stays gone too!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jennette - I hope mine stays gone, too. So far...so good. :)

Silver in AZ said...

two words; Epley Maneuver. It's cured every case of vertigo I've gotten, many times over. I can do it at home. Works better than the meds, which made me feel weird. Good luck!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Silver - IF it ever happens again (and I pray it doesn't), I'll keep that in mind. Thanks!!