Monday, January 22, 2018

Well, That Was Awful

Neither football team I rooted for yesterday won. Ugh. And I bet that when the Eagles play the horrible patriots in the SuperBowl, they’ll get skunked. Because that’s how it always seems to go. I have hopes someone, ANYONE will beat those horrible patriots and they never do.

I posted on Facebook and will repeat here: I don’t think I’ve hated the Cowboys as much as I hate the patriots.

And I really, really hate the Cowboys.

And yes, I’m intentionally not capitalizing the team name. That shows you how much MORE I hate them.

I suppose that’s how some people feel about the Penguins, although I don’t think the Penguins have ever been caught cheating. And maybe the patriots didn’t cheat THIS year, but they have before, so I’ll never EVER like them. Never. Ever.

As if the football games didn’t make yesterday crappy enough, I remembered (too late!) that I started hosting duties for the Sizzle and Sass page (Facebook). Oops! But when I went to post on my PC, I discovered I couldn’t. I could do it from my phone, but it’s kind of hard to post the pictures I have on my laptop from my phone. Plus, I type better on my laptop than I do on the phone (why can’t Apple have a BACK SPACE key anywhere??).

I tried everything, checked everything, and I couldn’t figure out what was wrong. I finally contacted Facebook (with a screen shot, even).

And while I was going through all that, we were constantly losing the internet (an issue we’ve been experiencing lately). Last weekend Spectrum came out to check our router and we were told the signal was too high, causing it to short out. They supposedly fixed that problem and left the router alone.

When the internet/wifi went out yesterday (after having gone out a few times on Friday), Hubby called them again. They sent someone out again. Seems the router was going bad (no, really?). Technician replaced it, and after Hubby got the wifi up and running, guess what? I could post to the Sizzle and Sass page.

I can’t imagine our router was the cause, and I’ve never known Facebook to react so quickly, but hey, whatever. I almost thought I wasn’t going to be able to host this week.

I certainly hope the week goes better than yesterday did. I don’t like feeling grumpy!

So… What sports team (any sport) do you hate the most? Or are you the type of sports fan that just likes watching the game with no emotion whatsoever? I can’t imagine ever doing that. Why watch if you’re not going to get emotional?

Happy Monday!

Stacy

7 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Nothing worse than spotty Internet while you're struggling to get into a website.
I'm glad the Jags lost. And a friend is a big Eagles fan, so glad they made it. At any rate, as much as I despise all the teams in the Steelers' division, I'll never dislike a team as much as I dislike Dallas. Or disliked, since they aren't very good anymore.

JeffO said...

When a Pittsburgh fan starts rooting for a Philadelphia team, you know things are bad!

As a longtime Bruins fan, I hate the Canadiens. It was real nice to beat them three times in eight days. As a Bruins fan who grew up on Long Island in the height of the Islanders' dynasty years, I hate them, too, though twenty years of ineptitude has kind of dimmed that a bit.

Regardless of Spygate and Deflategate and whatever else, I have a tremendous respect for what the Patriots have done over the years. And as I have said on my own blog in the past, I think dynasties are actually good for sport, as it creates interest, someone to hate, and something to aspire to.

Good luck with your internet!

Maria Zannini said...

I'm not a sports fan so I don't get too excited, but being a former Chicagoan, I couldn't help but cheer the Cubs. I have a soft spot for underdogs and they'd been winless for so long.

That said, it wasn't so much for the sports team as it was for somebody finally catching a break.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Alex - You don't know how HAPPY it makes me that Dallas has been so bad. They can stay that way.

Jeff - Learned last night that our internet woes are not over. Apparently the guy installed the wrong router/modem. Because...of course he did! They're coming back today to install the correct one. More fun and more disconnection. Guess I'll be reading a book later.

Maria - When a team I dislike always loses, I'm okay with that! And yes, that includes the Cubs. I blame WGN for that, though. I got so sick of seeing a Chicago station no matter where I lived. And of course the Cubs were always on. Maybe I was just jealous because I wanted to see the Dodgers all the time, who knows. I feel the same way toward the Braves, too, because of TBS (or whatever local name it was called at first). Yes, I'm strange. But I'm passionately strange. :)

Jennette Marie Powell said...

My husband and I also hate the patriots (LOL - lowercase) and the Cowboys! But I think even more, he hates the Browns and the Bengals, because their fans seem the worst behaved. Or maybe that's just because we live in SW OH?

Silver in AZ said...

yeah, I wasn't happy with either result, either....

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jennette - I think a lot of the animosity from Browns and Bengals fans have to do with the Steelers, not that their fans are badly behaved all the time. They're probably a lot better against other teams. Maybe. :)

Silver - Hopefully next year!!