Friday, March 30, 2018

My Top Ten Authors Read and Rain, Rain, Go Away

We’ve been getting a lot of rain. A. LOT.

We thought the basement had sprung a major leak (not a good thing to happen as you’re getting ready to sell the house). Turns out it wasn’t the basement at all. It was the furnace.

Our condenser pump failed.

You’d think those things would come with some kind of an alarm!

But one pump and a new hose later (because wouldn’t you know it, the hose had been leaking for a while, too), all is dry.

I don’t know why the furnace generates so much water. I sure hope we don’t run into that issue in our new house. The furnace will be in the attic. Any leakage there could cause major damage.

I noticed over on Goodreads the other day that I could see which authors I had read the most. So I snipped a screen shot of my top 10. No surprise who number one is. Or number two for that matter. I don’t even think I have all their books listed in Goodreads yet. Doubt I ever get around to adding them, either. Too much work.

Well, I’ve managed to reach the 10K word mark this month. Yay!! And I’ve not only been writing, but getting edits done on Book 5. I have to get my 500+ words written for Book 8 first, though. Then I’m free to edit. So far, I’ve only been tackling a chapter a day, but it’s a chapter more than I’d been working on! If I stay on this track, I’ll have the editing finished by next month (and hopefully a better idea of what the second alien book should be about).

So… Do you wonder who your most read author is? Or do you already know? Please share!

Happy Friday!

Stacy

3 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I'm sure mine would be Preston and Child.
Sorry about the leak. Our AC unit sometimes produces a ton of water depending on how hard it's running.

JeffO said...

I'm pretty sure my number one is your number one. After that, I have no idea!

Glad your furnace is back on the up and up. We're getting the rain now, too. But at least it's making the snow disappear!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Alex - Hubby likes Child. Well, he likes the Jack Reacher series. :)

Jeff - It's STILL raining here! I'm really surprised we haven't floated away yet. :)