Monday, March 19, 2018

Not So Frustrated the Second Time Around

I got my new glasses last week—trifocals instead of progressive lenses.

I’m still not happy about needing trifocals, but at least I can SEE the way I’m used to. Actually, I see better (new prescription!).

I had issues with the lenses lining up, but got those fixed and now it’s not bugging me so much. I wish I had more reading and middle lens than I have, but that probably couldn’t happen unless I got bigger frames, and I’m not so sure I want bigger.

This isn’t the eighties, you know.

It’s just something I’ll have to get used to, but at least I WILL get used to it. Plus I didn’t get frustrated like I had with the other pair. And man, that was certainly a relief.

I sometimes wonder if that’s because my hormone therapy pills haven’t really affected me yet, but then again, maybe I’m not getting the same side effects. Only time will tell.

Good news! I had my mammogram last week and it showed up cancer-free. Whew! That means Hubby and I have both been cleared. Keeping fingers crossed that it stays that way.

Would you believe I actually got some writing done this weekend? Both days! I don’t know the last time I wrote on the weekend. I’m so happy this story is starting to meld. In fact, I was talking to Hubby about my book during breakfast Saturday and told him he could tell I was into it. I hadn’t talked books with him in ages! I’m sure that thrilled him…NOT. Yeah, sometimes I don’t think he cares so much; it’s the way his eyes glaze over. At least he doesn’t tell me to shut up. He’s nice like that.

So… Did you do anything productive over the weekend? I probably should have started going through our junk to see what we can get rid up before the move, but I was thrilled that I WANTED to write, so I wrote!

Happy Monday!

Stacy

11 comments:

Maria Zannini said...

That's good news all around!

And you're right to put off chucking stuff. Getting hit with the lightning bolt to write is rare enough, so use it when it comes.

A very good weekend.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Maria - I'd really missed that need to write. So glad it's back.

Jennette Marie Powell said...

Whoo-hoo for being C-free! So glad to see that, both you and your husband.

And yay for wanting to write! Now if only I could push all this house stuff away and do the same... Seeing that you are is encouraging though, since you have house stuff going on, too.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jennette - If you ever need a brainstorming session, give me a call!

JeffO said...

Great news on the cancer front, glad to hear that.

We took the Catbird back to college yesterday. Thus, today is a bleary day.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jeff - Sorry about the bleary day. Hopefully you won't get any of this snow that's forecasted here. On the first day of SPRING! Talk about BLEARY! :(

Shari said...

Yippee, I'm glad to hear you have more success with the trifocals this time, AND writing time!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Shari - It is good news, isn't it? :)

The Happy Whisk said...

Writing on both days and cleared of cancer.
Music to my ears. Well done, you.

This past weekend we put together a new bathroom furniture thingy that we got from Aldi for 50 bucks.

Happy Spring 🌻

Stacy McKitrick said...

Ivy - Bathroom furniture thingy? Sounds intriguing. :)

The Happy Whisk said...

lolololol

I dunno it's real name.

It goes over the crapper, but has doors and one open shelf. Then three or two shelves behind the doors.