Monday, March 26, 2018

No Snow! Yay!

I was so happy on Saturday. The snow storm completely moved south and we got nothing!

Well… not completely nothing. It was still FREEZING! I believe it’s finally supposed to get up into the 50s this week. But with rain. Of course, with rain.

Sometimes I wonder if I’ll ever be able to take a walk outside again (I’m certainly not doing it at the fitness center!).

The Author Fair went as I expected. Some day I’d like one of these things to go as I HOPED, but it is what it is. I sold one book and gained a new subscriber to my newsletter, which is about what I do at these things, so I can’t really complain. It’s all about getting noticed, right?

At least I didn’t have to pay for the table, so there was that.

Hubby accompanied me on the trip, so we stopped at Der Dutchman (in Plain City) on the way home. It’s a huge restaurant/shopping experience run by the Amish (or for the Amish, I can never tell). Food was great. Dessert was even better. Overall, it was a nice day.

My writing streak is currently at 15 days. I really didn’t think I’d manage on Saturday, but I got over 300 words written in the morning and over 500 on Sunday. And Hubby was in the house! It’s a miracle, I tell you. And I'm quite motivated to keep the streak going.

So… Did the weather surprise you this weekend?

Happy Monday!

Stacy

5 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Yes! What the hell has happened to spring? We should be in the fifties and sixties in the morning here, not hovering around freezing.
Keep up the writing streak.

JeffO said...

It's been cold, but the snow is still drawing back from the driveway. Large chunks of ice were falling off my roof all day yesterday. Thank goodness I wasn't standing under any of them, they were big!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Alex - I'm beginning to think this is the longest winter ever!

Jeff - If the ice is falling, it means it's melting. Right? Hopefully from the warmer weather and NOT from a faulty roof leaking all your heat. :)

Maria Zannini said...

We're warm down here so I can't complain. We did have a longer winter than usual though. No season is the same. The year before it was so warm I could've started planting in January.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Maria - "No season is the same." Ain't THAT the truth! :)