Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Wednesday Reads and a Picture of our House in Progress

I’ve been writing EVERY DAY since March 11th. It’s such a wonderful feeling, too. I just hope my project isn’t crap!

Wouldn’t that just be the kicker?

Here’s what I finished reading this week:

Book #12

Dates read: March 19-23
Title: “Twisted Truths”
Year of publication: 2017
Author: Rebecca Zanetti
Genre: Romantic suspense
Series: Blood Brothers #3
# of Pages: 382
Paper or plastic: Paperback
How obtained: Purchased
Blurb from book: Noni is desperate. Her infant niece has been kidnapped, and the only person who can save her is a private detective with too many secrets to count—and more enemies than he can name. A man who walked away from Noni without any warning a year ago, a man who broke her heart. But with Talia’s life on the line, Noni needs his help now more than ever—and this time, she won’t take no for an answer…
    The moment Denver Jones sees Noni, the memories come rushing back. The fire in her eyes. The determination in her voice. The danger of having her in his life. Denver had to push her away once, but now with vicious criminals threatening Noni and her niece, he’ll do whatever it takes to protect them. But enemies from his past are circling, and they’ll use anything—and anyone—to get to Denver.
My thoughts: Great ending to this trilogy, and basically for the Sin Brothers’ series, too. If you like romantic suspense with a little bit of strange mixed in, these two series are for you.

I drove by the new house yesterday evening. It was raining and almost too dark, but I wanted to see what was going on. Here’s a picture!

It’s definitely coming along. Can’t believe I’ll be living there in a couple of months. Whoo hoo!

So… Have you ever worked on two similar projects at the same time? Like, read two books? Or write two books? I have trouble reading two books at the same time, but I’m going to attempt to write two…sort of. While I’m writing Book #8, I’m hoping to edit Book #5. That’s right. #5. It’s my alien book and I finally figured out what the next book in the series could be. I don’t want to publish or submit #5 until I’ve got the second book mostly written. And I’m hoping when I finish the first draft of #8, I can then start on the next alien book while editing/revising #8. We’ll see how that goes. I’ve got to finish #8 and #5 first. J

Happy Reading!

Stacy

7 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

It is coming together!
I can read two books at once, but writing two stories at once is too much. Besides, I usually only have one story idea at a time.

JeffO said...

How exciting! (all of it)

I have read two books at the same time, but I can't really write two things at the same time, at least not at the same stage. I can do some drafting on one and revision/editing on another if I must, but I don't think I could manage working on the same stage on two different projects at the same time.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Alex - I'm not writing two DRAFTS at the same time. That would be MADNESS!

Jeff - If I'm reading two books at the same time, one is a non-fiction. And it usually gets read slower. And I think writing one book and editing another might be doable because they take different parts of the brain to accomplish. Or so I'm told. We'll see. :)

Maria Zannini said...

The last time I read two books together, I ended up mixing up their plot lines. Maybe the authors should've collaborated. :)

re: your house
It's big! Is it bigger than your old house?

Stacy McKitrick said...

Maria - It's smaller than our current home. I'll have to post a picture of it someday. Like, after we move out. Haha!

Jennette Marie Powell said...

Whoo-hoo on the house! And for writing every day. I'm sure it's not crap!

I can write one/edit another if I have time, but lately I don't have time to do much of (any?) either, ugh. I often have two books in process of reading. It's easiest if one is fiction and the other non-fiction.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jennette - We'll see about the crap part. :)