Friday, December 6, 2019

Instagram Class (Online)

The last time my local RWA chapter held an online class, I didn’t mention it here and regretted that later. So, this time I’m listing all the classes as they occur (free advertising for my chapter!). You don’t have to be a member of my RWA Chapter or even RWA to register, either. Our January class looks to be super good, too (I already signed up).

Intro to Instagram by Alana Albertson, January 1-31, 2020


Four-week course with TWENTY classes! In this course, we will focus on how authors can use Instagram to grow their fan bases and sell more books.

  • Week 1: How to set up your Instagram to attract your ideal reader.
  • Week 2: How to gain followers and turn them into fans.
  • Week 3: Instagram Stories and IGTV
  • Week 4: Working with bookstagrammers and Instagram Ads.

There will be 20 lessons with instructor feedback and worksheets.

Alana Albertson is a Latina bestselling romance author (#3 in entire Amazon store) with over half a million views on her Se7en Deadly SEALs serial on Radish. She's the former President of Romance Writers of America's Contemporary Romance, Young Adult, and Chick Lit chapters. Alana Albertson holds a Masters of Education from Harvard University and a Bachelor of Arts in English from Stanford University. A recovering professional ballroom dancer, she lives in San Diego, California, with her husband, two young sons, and six rescue dogs. When she's not spending her time saving dogs from high kill shelters through Pugs N Roses™, the rescue she founded, she can be found watching episodes of Cobra Kai, Vida, Younger or Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making the Team. Visit her website at authoralanaalbertson.com

Cost: $25 COFW, $30 RWA, $35 non-RWA

REGISTER AT: http://cofwevents.org/classes/january  



This is an online course and classes will be sent via groups.io e-mails. After you register and as we get closer to the start date of the class you will be sent an invite to the group.

So … Do you use Instagram? I have an account, but always forget to post my pictures there. Not that I take that many pictures to begin with. Seems like whenever I see something that would make a great picture, my phone is being used for something else or the opportunity went by too fast. My life story. J

Happy Friday!

Stacy

3 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I don't but the IWSG does - I'll let Tyrean know about it.

Jennette Marie Powell said...

I don't use Instagram. Facebook is enough! Not to mention my Twitter account that is nothing more than automated tweets of my blog posts. I'm not much of a photographer anyway.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Alex - Thanks!

Jennette - Actually, Instagram is probably easier than Facebook and Twitter. You don't have to say much and you can take the pictures on your phone. Hey, you have dogs (and a new home), those are photo worthy!